Any Chance of Recovering Data?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GuyNoir

Reaction score
So I pranged my Aptek Pencam at NSL yesterday :mad:

The SD card looks OK, but I see no files on it when I load it into the card reader on my computer.

I suspect the software running the camera didn't put an end of file marker on it as it obviously didn't detect any turn off signal from the shutter button.

Anybody here have any idea about how I might find this file, and try inserting the end of file marker?

Any forums on the net that would have that kind of info?

Got any other theories / options about recovering the file?

The SD card looks OK, but I see no files on it when I load it into the card reader on my computer.

I suspect the software running the camera didn't put an end of file marker on it as it obviously didn't detect any turn off signal from the shutter button.

Anybody here have any idea about how I might find this file, and try inserting the end of file marker?

That was covered on this thread on Rocketry Planet.

There are several different software programs that can scan a drive and undelete files. Might want to give that a try.

Try this program. It has worked wonders for me and it is free.

It is called Recuva and it is here: www.recuva.com/

Good luck.....

Try this program. It has worked wonders for me and it is free.

It is called Recuva

Thanks. I installed the program, but the only thing it sees on the SD card is a flight I made back in April. Sadly, I'm pretty sure the video is lost. . . :mad:

You could try a drive hex editor (https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/) to get the raw data off the card, but then you would somehow need to recover the partial video file from that data, which would probably be very difficult.

I recently had a similar problem, and used a piece of freeware called Zero Assumption Recovery to get back my files from an SD card. Good luck.

Back