anti-zipper

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

genesee

Reaction score
has anyone used stu barretts anti-zipper design? i was wondering it says if the coupler is close to the ejection charge it doesn't need any wadding but any ideas on how far that is. i am building a rocketman wahoo and i am considering this mod. any info would be appreciated.

Genesee,

I am building a 2.56" bodytube, 37 inch long zipperless rocket using Stu Barrett's design. From the motor tube to the coupler bulkhead is 7 inches. I've installed the baffle in the bodytube above the motor tube like the ROL diagram shows. The baffle is mounted 3 inches above the motor tube. The ejection gasses should be cooled enough after making a few detours around the baffle then through a series of holes drilled in the bulkhead so as not to burn your chute. Kinda depends on how long your motor tube is going to be. I've read somewhere that the distance should be a minimum of 5 inches. Hope this helps.

Genesee,

No problem.

I'm also going to use a chute protector just in case any of those hot particles do make it by.

Back