Another Step Across The Great Divide

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K'Tesh

.....OpenRocket's ..... "Chuck Norris"
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I'm 50 now... A landmark. But unlike many people who were born on this day 50 years ago, I was born before Neil and Buzz walked on the moon. I realize that "My Generation" is getting smaller by the moment, and soon there will be none of us left. I'm speaking of every person who was born before we walked on the moon. I hope that by the time the last of us is gone, we'll have made a positive contribution to the generation that follows after. Let all of us strive to make right what we can before the last of us see a sunrise.

God Bless!

Let's see, when I was born, the Beatles' Revolver album had recently come out. We were engaged in the Viet Nam conflict. Johnson was president. A single-family house cost an average of $18,000. And "Cherish," by the Association, was the number one song.

I'm 50 now... A landmark. But unlike many people who were born on this day 50 years ago, I was born before Neil and Buzz walked on the moon. I realize that "My Generation" is getting smaller by the moment, and soon there will be none of us left. I'm speaking of every person who was born before we walked on the moon. I hope that by the time the last of us is gone, we'll have made a positive contribution to the generation that follows after. Let all of us strive to make right what we can before the last of us see a sunrise.

God Bless!

56 next month. I was 5 when we walked on the moon. May we leave this world better for those that follow us. And may we be an example to them in a positive manner.

Mike

I’ll be 58 in less than a month. I have very vague memories of Apollo 11. I remember more about the later moon missions. My mom sat us in front of the TV whenever there was something on, no matter the hour. For that I’m eternally grateful. I flew an Alpha III yesterday (too windy here in NW Kansas Saturday), weather too risky for anything bigger. As I pushed the button, I said out loud- “this one’s for you, Neil”. Those guys were my childhood heroes and still are! Now I see Chris Kraft has passed on. Let’s all do what we can to keep their memory and legacy alive. Ad Astra!

A few days ago I announced at work, 'It's the 50th anniversary of the moon landing! Do you remember where you were? Boy I do!" I started getting a lot of strange looks. It suddenly occurred to me that they weren't but a twinkle in their father's eye when the Eagle landed. I was feeling pretty old, but oddly fortunate.

Jim

Back