• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Another Spring Cleaning Sale

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ECayemberg

Reaction score
Online and at the TWA launch last weekend, darn near everybody was doing spring cleaning. I'd like to join the party! Chutes are shippable, motors and larger kits will need to be delivered to Three Oaks, MI in April, Mini MWP Princeton IL in May, or spring/summer at Bong Rec. Area. Payment via Paypal, cash, check, or money order.

REMAINING items

Motors Delivery to April Three Oaks MI, Mini MWP Princeton IL, or spring Bong launches

Kosdon J280S: $30

AMW/Pro-X L985 Tamed Tiger: $90

Gorilla K1185 GT: $90each, 2 for $170

Rockets

-Wildman 4" Demon $180

-4" x 48" filament wound carbon tube: early Curtis Turner stock. Manny bought this at the last sale, but then forgot, and ended up not getting it. :facepalm: $100

SOLD items below

-6" glassed phenolic, 98mm mount L3 rocket. This rocket was built for someone's L3, sold to my uncle Kevin, he flew it once this past weekend, and would now like to pass it on to the next flyer; he doesn't have another motor for it and doesn't have the funds for one right now. Finish is immaculate red sparkled paint. This is a great rocket looking for a new home. $225 OBO Photos from this past Saturday:

064_zpsr6bppq0r.jpg

067_zpsnevr0iey.jpg

Chutes

Skyangle Cert 3 Large Chute: Made by Pam Barton of B2Rocketry; well made and well used. Still functional, but NOT new-in-package! $70
Better photo: SOLD

RW Star 60" green/black: New in bag: $32: SOLD

Rocketman 6' chute: New, never used: $40: SOLD

Rocketman Pro XP R4C: used, some burns, excellent drogue for bigger birds!: $22

Rocketman R3C: used, some rips, still functional: $10

PML 54" Dura-chute: used, strengthened by TFR: $20

Loc 48" standard (2 of them): $12 ea: SOLD

No-name 36" (old Loc, Rocket R&D, Vaughn, or similar): $7 SOLD

No-name 30" (old Loc, Rocket R&D, Vaughn, or similar): $5 SOLD

Estes Pro-Series II 18"+ chutes. Mostly 18", mostly new, some larger sizes. I've built most of the PSII kits, so whatever they come with.:)
$4 each, 3 for $10, OBO. The more you buy, the cheaper they get. SOLD

AT G69N: $12

Rocketflite G100: Yep, a big ol' black powder motor; non-Silver Streak Version: $20

Gorilla H186RT: $20

KBA I550R-20: $30

AMW I375GG-20 (2 avail): $33ea

AMW J370GG (2 avail): $45ea

AMW J480BB (2 avail): $45ea: SOLD

Loki J175LW: $50

USR K1200: Jerry I special! 54-4/5 grain rarity: guaranteed to be cool or really cool:wink:: $40

-Rocket R&D 4" Skyraider (67" tall) NIB: $110. Photos of the parts; again apologies for the crappy cell phone photos! Photo of a completed R&D 4" 'Raider here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/showthread.php?47609-Rocket-R-amp-D-Skyraider-Gallery&p=462517#post462517

-Rocket R&D 4" Brutus: 4" x 52" long. Missing 38mm motor mount. Main airframe tubes are functional but yellowed. $85

-6" Fiberglass G-12 Rocket Parts: PML 4:1 glass cone ($105 retail), 44" airframe ($165 retail), 20" airframe ($76 retail), 12" G-12 Coupler ($60 retail). Total Retail: $406, Asking Price: $200 Options: I have two sets of fins that could be used: (4) full scale 1/8" G-10 Arcas fins, or (3) 1/4" ply Minie Magg style fins. Have potential 3" and 4" glass motor mount tubes. Only have (1) Coupler Centering ring: 6"-75mm mount. Options may cost extra. *Had to clarify parts included; sorry for any confusion.* Here's what I had in mind for the parts: SOLD

Thanks for looking/shopping! -Eric C-

Last edited:
Any chance at getting more info on the 4" skyraider? Pictures?

Hi Dave,

Certainly! Will take decent photos of the Skyraider kit shortly. Also have a Brutus, but it is boxed and aged: less than "mint" condition. The Skyraider on the other hand is in excellent condition.

-Eric-

I would love to have the Skyraider. I wonder if I can identify someone who at once: a) will be at one of your launches, b) be at one of my launches in South Carolina this season, and c) has a big truck! CJ? Scarpine? Anyone?!

Cheers,
Michael

Eric, I have a 58" Top Flight chute in my Radial Flyer. Descent weight on a 75mm motor is somewhere around 13 pounds. Would the RW Star 60" give me a slower rate than what I have? I can't find any specs on that chute. Thanks.

I would love to have the Skyraider. I wonder if I can identify someone who at once: a) will be at one of your launches, b) be at one of my launches in South Carolina this season, and c) has a big truck! CJ? Scarpine? Anyone?!

Cheers,
Michael

Hi Michael,

CJ Jim is sometimes at a few Bong launches in summer; Jim Sc. is sometimes in Princeton or the former Ash Grove, IN in the spring/fall. If he makes it to one of the afore-mentioned launches and it's still available, it's fair game. Note: I will ship the 4" Skyraider at actual cost...will post photos early this afternoon.

Eric, I have a 58" Top Flight chute in my Radial Flyer. Descent weight on a 75mm motor is somewhere around 13 pounds. Would the RW Star 60" give me a slower rate than what I have? I can't find any specs on that chute. Thanks.

Hi John,

Congrats on the recent L3!!! I honestly don't have specs on the chute...I think it came with the 5.5"-4" Sub-lime IIRC. I don't know that a 60" star would provide a much slower descent rate than a 58" standard...I think they'd be pretty close. It is spoken for pending funds.

Thanks!

do you have pictures on 6in fiberglass kit?

It is less of a kit than a conglomeration of parts I intended to use to build a basic 3FNC 6" glass rocket; another project that I haven't gotten to and probably won't anytime soon! Will try to post a decent photo shortly.

Updated original post.

-Added Skyangle Cert 3 L chute
-added photos of the 6" parts rocket
-added photos of the 4" RRD Skyraider
-Turned sold items Red.

Thanks, Eric

Eric , you mentioned you had a Brutus . would you be able to elaborate on the condition and asking price ?
Eric

Hi Eric. Fins, cone, etc. are mint. Body tubes are aged. Will take decent photos tonight. Not sure of an asking price...don't really want to get rid of it! $90?

PM sent for Cert3 if deal falls through (great deal).
Hi Rich. Chute still available; PM sent. Will also send photos. It is a nice chute, I just haven't used it in some time!

PM for motors just sent.

George Pike
TRA 10752 L3

Received. PM incoming! Thanks George! MMWP should work!

Garrick, Tom, Ken, Jason: yours are boxed up, dressed with labels, they hit the road tomorrow!

Eric , you mentioned you had a Brutus . would you be able to elaborate on the condition and asking price ?

Eric

Hi Eric,

Posted a photo of the components (coupler is inside one of the airframe tubes). Kit is missing the 38mm motor tube; all else is complete....I may be able to source a 38mm tube in short order if needed. Main airframe tubes are yellowed, all else is in new condition! Asking $85.

Thanks!

Thanks Eric, Received my Cert3 Large parachute today, in exactly the condition you stated, need a few small repairs and it will be ready to fly again. BTW USPS was awesome fast WI to WA in 2 business days.

Eric if no one clames the Brutis, bring it to Three Oaks and I will take it off your hands.

Eric if no one clames the Brutis, bring it to Three Oaks and I will take it off your hands.

Sounds good, Bob. Thanks! Hmmm, I'd be trading one 4" rocket for another in the build pile (planning to purchase a Heavy Duty Beauty).

-Eric-

30" and 36" chutes delivered - thanks Eric. Interestingly, one chute had some stitches where there must have been some tears/burn-throughs. Very neat with no impact on chute performance that I could tell. And now I have a stitch to show my wife when the inevitable happens. :)

Thank you all so much; glad that items are arriving at their new homes!:)

Updated the original post. Most prices dropped; remaining items moved to top of post.

Thanks all!

Sounds good, Bob. Thanks! Hmmm, I'd be trading one 4" rocket for another in the build pile (planning to purchase a Heavy Duty Beauty).

-Eric-
If you still have the Sky raider then I wi also take that one off your hands. No profit for me at this launch:wink:

If you still have the Sky raider then I wi also take that one off your hands. No profit for me at this launch:wink:

Sold and sold. Thanks Bob! I will do some shopping at Countyline to hopefully help out the profits a bit!

-Eric-

Latest posts

Back