Another Semroc story... Hohum.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAL3

Reaction score
I hesitated to post this for reasons that will become apparent but decided to go ahead because good people should be recognized.

As some of you may know, I am working on a hare-brained project that I call the Rube Goldberg Lander. It has lots of part from lots of sources, mainly because no single source has all I need. That said, most of what I have ordered has come from Semroc. There have been several boxes. Everything in each transaction was first rate in terms of communication, price, selection, availability, speed of delivery, etc.

That should come as no surprise except to the newest of new members around here.

ASIDE: This is not to say that other vendors are not great as well. Almost all of my rocketry transactions since 2007 have been great in terms of people and product. This, however, is a Semroc story.

Some of the parts I need for my project are custom and large. Gordon Agnello of Roachwerkes has done those and informed me just this evening that he is done. He too is a great guy who does great work. Other custom parts are much more mundane but still unusual. I have been in contact with Semroc about buying those. It is nothing astounding: some centering rings with odd sized holes and some extremely short body tubes. I ahve gone back and forth with Sheryl, clarifying what I failed to make clear. At seach stage, she forebore to call me crazy but actually takes me seriously. Go figure.

My last communication with her agreed that we were all on the same page. I planned to through in a few more routine items and place the order today or tomorrow.

I never got the chance.

I got a message from Semroc today that the parts had been shipped. When I tried to make arrangements to pay, I was told that it was gratis. That is the reason I hesitated to tell the story. I don't want anybody to think I tried to take advantage. Neither do I want anyone to try to take advantage of Semroc. I finally decided, that is a small fear around here.

DUring my ups and downs, stemming from a brain tumor and then unemployment, the rocket community in general and TRF in particular has been wonderful to me. There have been others who have from time to time sent me something completely unexpected. (Erik Foster and Scotty Dog come immediately to mind but there have been others.) People have offered support and encouragment. That has been very appreciated and was especially helpful in my recovery from the brain tumor.

Anyway, the parts the Semroc is sending me probably are not worth much in terms of money. Sheryl has a knack, however, for cutting extremely short BTs (1/8 and 1/4 inch!) without destroying an entire tube to do it. I was glad to want to pay her to do a better job than I know I can do. She did it and they she and Carl went above and beyond.

Typical.

I have on one other occasion received my order from Semroc before it was even placed. Semroc has done it again. They deserve the kudos. The have great prices, great selection great availability and great reputations but mostly they have great people.

Excuse me now. I am going to go order and pay for the other parts I need. It is a pleasure to do business with them.

^^^Wholeheartedly agree! Top notch, A+, Numero UNO!:D

I can just hear Carl and Sheryl: Aw, shucks, thanks.Just doing our part.

;)

Back