Another Radiator launch... with pictures!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheRadiator

Reaction score
Hey guys, I finally had a wonderful day available to fly a few rockets. The day started off bad enough though. An R/C glider crew already had the soccer field when I got to the launch site, so I was relegated to the baseball field, so sorry, no C or D flights. Also, when I took out the Porta-Pad, the wingnut/bolt assembly had some stipped threads, so I couldn't get it to hold a launch rod tightly. The ground was soft enough so I just shoved the rod in the ground and used the deflector pad to keep the grass from getting burnt. I launched the following rockets:

1) Quest Astra I (A8-3)
2) Estes Mini Naboo Fighter (A10-3T)
3) Custom Fiesta (B4-4)
4) Estes Polaris (B6-4)
5) Custom Satellite Drone (B6-4)

Anyways, instead of boring you with all the details let me post a few pictures. Nothing to holler about, but I was able to capture a bit of thrust smoke on most of them.

BTW, I will bore you with one detail. All rockets were safely recovered as there was no wind to compete with!

The Satellite Drone under 'chute.... next time I'll have someone else launch these things. It's hard to launch and take pictures at the same time....

Radiator looks good and nice pics. The weather looks to be in the 60's and thats great.

any one any where that can get out to a local school or field to launch now has my admiration - especially since I found out that not only the weather is against launching where I live, but infact the county does not allow rockets. :mad:

is that for real or just some stupid unintelligent person at wal marts uneducated opininion? your scarin me here...

Quote:
" It's hard to launch and take pictures at the same time..."

That's what I had a son for...LOL He's now old enough to work with...and we make a great team...LOL
Seriously though, It's a great way to help get "Kids" involved in the hobby...If you don't have any...heck...grab the relatives or neighbors...They would love it...Let them make the count and push the button...you can concentrate on the picture...works out great for me...!!! Good luck and have fun...

BTW your shots look alright anyway...!!!

I have a younger brother that usually launches a few rockets himself, but he had to go to work. I don't have any kids right now, but I was kind of hoping a few kids might stop by. No such luck this time. TwoWalks, the weather has been rather uncooperative this year. This was the first real nice day where it was perfect for rockets. About 55 and no wind, but since this was a baseball field surrounded by pine trees, I didn't send up anything that went above 500 or so feet. Oh well, it was a good day to fly at least, and that's always nice! :)

The Astra 1 is a great kit. :)

Nice pictures!:D

Rockets can actually be illegal? I didn't think that is possible.

I'm going nuts with this camera. More pictures from a launch I did on New Year's Day. Enjoy.....Here's my Max Trax on a C6-5. The altimeter failed to read the altitude though.... :(

Back