Another question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidsheeep

Reaction score
to get a high powered liscence (cant spell that word... never could) like a level one wat do you need to do? i talked to all thes NAR and Tripoli guys but its kinda confusing lol...

I'm not sure about NAR, or how it differs from Tripoli. As far as L-1 for Tripoli you first need to be a member. Then for L-1 you have to build and fly a rocket capable of flying on a H or I motor with successful recovery deployment, and be able to fly it again(meaning no damage that would keep it grounded) The flight needs to be witnessed by a prefect..
Larry

Rabid.............
first off...... .slow down......ask questions and construct some rockets.take pictures and proudly post them

the avereage here(not the rules but typically) is 1 pic ,per 5 posts ........and you are way behind on that respect........we love to view each others work here and share advice .but you get what you give sometimes.

The Nar is very similar. You must build, prep, and fly a rocket with a motor from the range you are certifiying for, H or I. This needs to be witnessed by 2, Level 1 certified members, or 1 Level 2 certified member. The formal procedure can be found at https://www.nar.org/hpcert/NARhpdetails.html

Actually, gotta give Rabid his props. He posted 3 pics on one of his 1st posts. Nice to see someone catch on so quickly! :D

No one has said it and you may already know this, but in order to certify in either organization, you must be over 18.

Very simple process. You just have to join NAR, get yerself an H motor (I reccomend the H165-MR for certs. very good motor. I have used one myself, with great results), print out the application (there is one on the NAR website.NAR Website ), fill it out (this is easy. Just sign a few lines, and read it. easy as pi.), bring it to a launch and fly. Also look on the Aerotech Website for info on motors. You will most likely be using a reload, so it makes sense to buy an AT 24MM case and use it for some Es and Fs first just for practice assembling loads. also find the guy with the purtyiest rockets that look about 2-5 feet tall, and ask him for help assembling your reload. If he has rockets that big (2" diameter to wicked big) he will most likely know how to assemble the load and will gladly help you. If you were going to a CMASS launch I could help, but I dont think you are in New Eingland. Let me know if you are, though. Either I could help you or I could reccomend a few people who would be more than happy to help. Pick your rocket carefully. A nice heavy rocket is nice for certs so you get a low and slow flight. I would reccomend the MSH 4" V2, PML Hydra, matrix, or pterydactly JR., or the Skunkworks Spike. These are all very nice rockets. If you have a lot of time you could wait untill I come out with my first kit (it will be a few months. a nice 2" diameter glassed rocket.). Good luck!

the closest nar certified group around here is the LIARS on long island...

Back