Another new QUest motor

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really looking forward to the E35. Unfortunately I forgot to check if either Apogee or BMS had them in stock when I ordered from both of them yesterday. Checking now, I see they both have them. šŸ˜ Oh well, next time!

My Viper 4 only had 4 flights before it was destroyed when an E9 that didn't light on the ground got lit from the top when the apogee charge fired. Booster came down in flames.
All flights were 2 composite F and 2 E9. Altitudes were all around 2000'

There was a whole discussion in another thread not that long ago about how charging over MSRP is not a great way to make friends and customers.
I plan to order my L1 cert motor from them. I donā€™t want to be a regular customer, but I also donā€™t mind throwing them a bone if I find their information or service useful.

I see everyone is taking about the new E35 (which I just got) but also the F41, which I can find no info on or canā€™t seem to buy or even see on the AT website. Did they discontinue the F41s or something?

I see everyone is taking about the new E35 (which I just got) but also the F41, which I can find no info on or canā€™t seem to buy or even see on the AT website. Did they discontinue the F41s or something?
The F41 motors have not yet been released.

The F41 was supposed to be released alongside the E35. It appears theyā€™re not listed on Apogeeā€™s website, but there is a certification letter in the AeroTech thread (I think)

I plan to order my L1 cert motor from them. I donā€™t want to be a regular customer, but I also donā€™t mind throwing them a bone if I find their information or service useful.

My L1 cert motor will be purchased from the local prefect's on-field motor man. His prices are competitive with online, accounting for even non-HAZ shipping. Tripoli Houston #002 šŸ‘

My L1 cert motor will be purchased from the local prefect's on-field motor man. His prices are competitive with online, accounting for even non-HAZ shipping. Tripoli Houston #002 šŸ‘
Harry took the photo in my avatar.

I don't mind paying the Apogee tax every now and then, but I too prefer to support the on-field vendors. I should ask Harry to order some of these E35s.

I don't mind paying the Apogee tax every now and then, but I too prefer to support the on-field vendors. I should ask Harry to order some of these E35s.
I switch around between the hobby shops in my area, on-field vendors, and online. It just depends what and when Iā€™m buying, and what my objectives are.

I just bought an Estes kit and some BP motors from Discount Rocketryā€™s trailer a week ago, preceded by Q-Jet motors at HobbyTown and followed by an AeroTech kit from HobbyLinc. Iā€™ve also purchased stuff from AMW-ProX, Sirius Rocketry, Estesā€™ website, Discount Hobby Warehouse, and obscure online crafts stores that had a better price than anyone else. I even paid shipping for a custom-made product a member here was kind enough to gift me.

For the L1 cert, Apogeeā€™s Associated Rocket Kits tool was indispensable for helping me select the airframe I plan to use, so I figure ordering a motor is a nice middle-of-the-road spending option to show them some gratitude without breaking the bank.

Last edited:
For the L1 cert, Apogeeā€™s Associated Rocket Kits tool was indispensable for helping me select the airframe I plan to use, so I figure ordering a motor is a nice middle-of-the-road spending option to show them some gratitude without breaking the bank.
Agreed, Apogee does a ton for the hobby. Gratitude (a nice way of putting it, BTW) for that - plus the fact they sell a few unique items - is why I'm happy to order from them every now and then.

I never got around to asking for the Quest E35s, but Harry had them at Seymour today, and I finally flew one. I've been looking forward to this motor for months, and it was everything I had hoped. A full E for little more than Estes prices, with the raucous sights and sounds of White Lightening. It's an instant classic as far as I'm concerned.

The "New and Improved" Q-Jet F41 motors are now available.
The big change was a molded insert has replaced the clay nozzle.

I flew an F41-8W in my Mustang model at NSL 2023 West for a great flight.
These will be fun motors to fly. :cool:

Q-Jet F41 001 New Motors.jpgQ-Jet F41 002 Nozzles.jpgNSL 2023W 003 Mustang launch on Q-Jet F41-8W.jpg

The "New and Improved" Q-Jet F41 motors are now available.
The big change was a molded insert has replaced the clay nozzle.

I flew an F41-8W in my Mustang model at NSL 2023 West for a great flight.
These will be fun motors to fly. :cool:

View attachment 590367View attachment 590371View attachment 590375
Finally!!! I canā€™t wait to get oneā€¦ in a year or so because Iā€™m out of launches for the next year or so just because College :(
But I might be able to squeeze in one launch over my winter break if, and only if things like up perfectly

Is there any place in Canada you can get Quest motors? I've only seen Estes.

I flew an E35 last week in my Big Red Max and saw the rocket make a quick change of trajectory just before motor burnout. The flight was successful but sure enough, upon recovery, I found a chunk of clay missing on one side of the nozzle. I am glad Aerotech is using a different nozzle material on the F41 and hope they do so on future E35s as well.

Back