Another Great One Has Gone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my favorites. I had the pleasure of seeing Charlie Daniels play on three seperate occasions including a very small venue in chicago that only held about a hundred people. After the show he walked around in the crowd shaking hands and talking to people. He came by our table and talked with us for a couple of minutes. Thanked us for coming to the show, signed my buddies shirt and CD and took a couple of pics with us. I have them around here somewhere.

He was a very normal person that always had time for his fans. I'm sorry to see him go but he left us with a lot of great music to remember him by. He is already missed.

Very sad to see a TRUE American HERO pass!!!! RIP

He released a song in 1979 called "Reflections" about all the singers that had passed at that time. I hope someone with talent updates and covers it including him. That pretty much excludes everyone from this century.

Danged shame, He passed away! Danged fine Fiddler, He was! NO ONE could do "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" like Charlie could!!! One of the VERY few C-W musicians that I liked. Well, He's playing with the other Greats: Johnny Cash, Hank Williams Senior, and One or two others. R.I.P. Fiddlerman, R.I.P.!!!!!!

Back