Another Glue Post

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SCIGS30

Reaction score
Just tried this new glue from Gorilla, basically it is a PVA Type II just like Titebond II but it dries clear not yellow. So far I am impressed with the Glue and it does dry clear.

Attachments

• Gorilla Glue.jpg
    Gorilla Glue.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 0
Hmm, that is appealing. Sometimes the yellow residue of TB is not desirable... although it *is* sometimes helpful to be able to track where the glue is. Can be very hard with glues that dry clear.

How does its tackiness compare to TBII?

Everything I've tried from Gorilla has been an excellent product. Looking forward to your evaluation.

Viscosity is the same as Gorilla wood glue or Titebond II glue. Tackiness is pretty impressive, once again same as Titebond II or Gorilla original.

I got a reply from Gorilla. The data they sent shows the "dries clear" has a strength of >1,200 PSI. That's less than 1/3 the bond strength of the regular Gorilla Wood Glue. :haironfire:

That doesn't seem right... so I pointed that out to them and asked them if that was correct.

I agree that does not sound right at all. It should be the same as their Original Gorilla Glue. Titebond Speed Set is another good wood glue that dries clear.

I’m still searching for one with the aroma of old, old Elmers from the 1960s. My grail, my fountain of youth. Don’t ask me to describe it, I’ll know it when I smell it. :)

I’m still searching for one with the aroma of old, old Elmers from the 1960s. My grail, my fountain of youth. Don’t ask me to describe it, I’ll know it when I smell it. :)
Same here, heck I still use Elmer's today.

Thank you for confirming the information the company. Of course my tests so far show that the new Gorilla is more than strong enough for what we use it for.

I’m still searching for one with the aroma of old, old Elmers from the 1960s. My grail, my fountain of youth. Don’t ask me to describe it, I’ll know it when I smell it.
Try Weldbond. I expect there's something from Deluxe Materials that will also ring that bell. Or Pacer Formula 560.

What are y'all using this glue on? Cardboard, balsa, model rockets in general? I've pretty much settled on Titebond III as my general wood glue... even for woodworking these days.

Hide glue is still the strongest wood glue you can use. If I am working on a musical instrument, I won't use anything else. Mostly dries clear depending on which one you use, and what it was intended for. They make some for Luthiers that is almost water clear.

Hide glue also bonds non-porous materials too, unlike PVAs which prefer/need some penetration.

Then, IF you need more working time but nigh on as strong as hide glue, use fish glue.

[EDIT: Downside to animal glues is that they are removable. With enough heat for enough time, they will release.]

Last edited:
Back