Another first for Wildman's

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WILDMANRS

TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Wildman Hobbies is pleased to announce we have added a new way to pay for your hobby .
We have teamed up with Shop Pay to offer interest free financing .
All of the details are listed below and will go into effect sometime today .

Installments
Shop Pay offers you the option to pay in full at checkout, or to split your purchase into 4 equal installment payments. You can't adjust the number of installment payments or the price range available for Shop Pay Installments.

You have the option to pay for orders between $50 and $1,000 USD, including discounts, shipping and taxes, in 4 installments. To use Shop Pay Installments, your shipping address needs to be in the United States.

Fees or penalties
There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees. You can pay your balance off early without penalty. However, if you make a partial payment or late payment, then future applications to use Shop Pay Installments might be affected.

Credit scores and eligibility
Your credit scores aren't affected if you use Shop Pay Installments. However, if you don’t pay an installment, or you make a late payment, then your eligibility for making purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future might be affected.

Restricted items
There are some items that you can’t use Shop Pay Installments to purchase, including, but not limited to:

• Cash advances
  • Illegal items and activities
  • Weapons, including parts and accessories
  • Narcotics and drug paraphernalia
  • Currency, including cryptocurrency
  • PayPal, Venmo, and other money transfer services
  • Loan and credit card payments
  • Gift cards

Terms of Service
Learn more about Affirm’s terms of service or Shop’s terms of service .

Affirm is the originator and servicer of Shop Pay installments, but payments are managed in your Shop Pay account.

Last edited:
I've used similar services before. They are super helpful when you need it NOW or want to grab it while it's on sale, but are a little short at the moment. It's a good idea to have this option, so thank you.

Perhaps.
But, perhaps, if you don't have a credit card with extra $50-$1000 available, opening another line of credit with upto 30% APR, for a discretionary purchase, is not the most financially responsible idea:
1630084436984.png

https://www.affirm.com/terms

Perhaps.
But, perhaps, if you don't have a credit card with extra $50-$1000 available, opening another line of credit with upto 30% APR, for a discretionary purchase, is not the most financially responsible idea:
View attachment 479476
https://www.affirm.com/terms

Sure, but as said in the OP, it's interest-free if you make your four payments on time. It's certainly important to plan ahead and be sure you can make those four payments. The other couple of times I used a similar service, I scored some on-sale items at a really nice discount, paid off the balance before the due date of the third payment, and was charged no interest.

To each their own; I just think Wildman is offering options. I prefer to save my pennies then buy with cash over credit. Again Wildman is offering options for their customers.

Last edited:
From Shop:

"When you check out with Shop Pay, you have the option to pay in installments from participating stores. Installments are a flexible payment option that can help you invest in larger purchases up to $1000 by dividing your purchase amount into four equal, biweekly, and interest-free payments. There are no additional fees."

I've never used it and don't know any more than what I read on this page.

Shop Pay TOS links to Affirm TOS, which notes 0-30% depending on which product you're using.

https://help.shopify.com/en/manual/payments/shop-pay-installments
"There are no additional charges, interest rates, or late fees passed on to customers."

"If a customer doesn't pay their installment, or they make a late payment, then they might not be eligible to make purchases using Shop Pay Installments in the future."

"If you're using Shop Pay Installments, then you'll receive your payout 1 to 3 business days after your customer's payment is completed."

Back