Another Canadian šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyDiamond

Reaction score
Hey, rocketeers!

Woke up one day and was like ... "I want to build a big rocket!"

And so a couple of weeks later... here I am! (Girlfriend thoroughly unimpressed)

On the serious side, I've launched 1 rocket ONCE with a friend's father when we were about 10 years old. Probably an Estes. Was definitely lower power. Was cool but that's all I've been exposed to. Doesn't appear to be any clubs around here and rocketry was otherwise non-existent in my life. Now in my late 20s, I decided to pick up the hobby so it's all very new to me (Oh the wonders!).

I've decided to take the plunge straight in and get started with MPR. Don't see much use playing around with the LPRs. Hope to someday move up to HPRs! Currently looking at building a launch controller and various pad options. Leaning towards starting with some Aerotech rocket kits. I'm an avid hobbyist with some background in amateur radio, 40k modelling, audiophilia, computer systems, airsoft, airguns, backpacking, MTG, fish keeping, poetry, tea snobbery, violin, and much more. Grew up reaching the heights of the Canadian Air Cadet program with a keen interest in aviation. Certified as a power engineer but now happily working in finance. Oh, and I'm Canadian, eh! So that's a little about me.

Looking forward to connecting with people through the forums and expanding my knowledge! Hoping this forum proves to be a safe, educational, and valuable space for a noob like me to learn and pass knowledge. šŸ˜Š

Welcome to the forum! You'll find several Canadians participating. As per getting into high power rocketry, Sunward Hobbies (416-901-4777) in Toronto may be a good starting point. He is closely linked to a rocketry club in Ontario and is also a Cesaroni motor and reload distributor. Hopefully that will be a good reference source for you, particularly licensing and advancing levels are a bit different in Canada than in the USA.
Regards,
Fred

Thanks everyone! Happy to see some other Canadians here!

Which side of the country are you in? Welcome here...
bienvenue!

yes do tell what part of 'the great white north' you reside in.. There are a few of us here..

Great Hobbies is also quite present too!

Up in Northern Ontario. Doesn't seem to be any clubs in this area, unless I'm blind šŸ¤”

Thanks everyone! Happy to see some other Canadians here!

Up in Northern Ontario. Doesn't seem to be any clubs in this area, unless I'm blind šŸ¤”
There's another on the forums in N. Ontario, .. north of Dryden if I recall.. goes by 'Rockettree' and that'll make 2 of you.. one more & you can start a club! :D

@RocketTree

Welcome!!
Im in NW Ontario. No clubs around here, but still fly all year. That would be great if you are nearby and interested in launching.

There's another on the forums in N. Ontario, .. north of Dryden if I recall.. goes by 'Rockettree' and that'll make 2 of you.. one more & you can start a club! :D

@RocketTree

That would potentially make a third CAR member in the area!

A few of us are in the process of establishing a CAR associated club near Cochrane Ontario. Will advise once that's established.

Very cool! I'm in the NW Ontario area but will be awesome having more clubs in the north!

I've hit up RocketTree too. Turns out we're fairly close to each other!

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Nice to see there's a good number of us Canadians too

Welcome to the addiction! I'm in the Ottawa area and manage the local Great Hobbies location here. I got bitten by the rocket bug a few years ago, after having done it as a kid, also. If you need any help, feel free to message me! I build quite a bit and I'm into airbrushing my rockets (and other things), so if you have any questions, don't be shy.

Welcome to the addiction! I'm in the Ottawa area and manage the local Great Hobbies location here. I got bitten by the rocket bug a few years ago, after having done it as a kid, also. If you need any help, feel free to message me! I build quite a bit and I'm into airbrushing my rockets (and other things), so if you have any questions, don't be shy.

Thanks for the welcome! I've played around with airbrushing minis but never dropped the cash to actually buy a setup. Don't really have a good spot for setting it up properly with ventilation. Someday tho!

Big welcome to you! We take everyone, and about everyone is on here, ha! Keep us informed of your progress, and don't give up on your girlfriend. She just might get the rocket bug too - mind did and is now into HPR.

Back