Annual?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I again volunteer to help ya out. :)
As always, a stand up dude..Thanks

I'm game. I got quite a few drawings on the board already.
HA ha ha, I'm sure GB has MANY drawings!

I'm in. Are we thinking same rules as last year, or new ones?
Well, I'm all for leaving well enough along. And like I said last year.. keep it as simple as possible. The rules fit the bill last year .However , if any need tweaking or removed , added , etc, I'm open for suggestions.

I know a few mentioned stepping up to the plate this year to donate prizes. We will see how that plays out here.
Maybe a vender will see this and help out?
Either way, we can make it happen.

And again, all summer to build. No pressure there.

One thing for sure..I want it to be an annual OWN DESIGN CONTEST .
I guess we could do a theme, but I would hate to handcuff any cool designs cuz they don't fit the theme.
It work so good and the entrants were,well, AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

And again, all summer to build. No pressure there.

One suggestion: just limit the total Ns but let people cluster, stage, whatever.

I think last year there was a 29mm spec which would have precluded Loki's fine G's.

I agree with limiting total Ns but not the actual motor size.

I have a wild idea in mind, but I probably won't participate. I am working on something I may be able to donate as a prize though. Will have to see how that develops.

I won't be able to participate this year but will donate a prize. No I won't be regifting the Kraken! :D I have big plans for that one.

One suggestion: just limit the total Ns but let people cluster, stage, whatever.

I think last year there was a 29mm spec which would have precluded Loki's fine G's.
What is the Ns for the Loki G?maybe make the total Ns? I'll leave it up to the TRFers.Let me know and we can go for launch.

I agree with limiting total Ns but not the actual motor size.

I have a wild idea in mind, but I probably won't participate. I am working on something I may be able to donate as a prize though. Will have to see how that develops.
Cool.

Just set it to Model Rockets Only :)

not higher than ‘G’
not above 80 avg
not more than 320 total
1500 grams or less

This will ensure most people can play, even if they can't make it to an HPR launch and/or they have no desire to cert.

Last edited:
Loki G76. 135 Ns. 67g of propellant
G69 105 Ns. 63g this one is a sparky though
G80. 120 Ns 60g
G70. 119 Ns. 60g

Why limit to below G? Can't they (mostly) be flown without a waiver, or a cert? It's not an altitude or speed contest is it? Limiting to non HPR makes perfect sense. But still, you not saying you have to use a G. Just curious.
Either way, I won't have time to build. Hope I can donate something though.

Mikey D

Loki G76. 135 Ns. 67g of propellant
G69 105 Ns. 63g this one is a sparky though
G80. 120 Ns 60g
G70. 119 Ns. 60g

Why limit to below G? Can't they (mostly) be flown without a waiver, or a cert? It's not an altitude or speed contest is it? Limiting to non HPR makes perfect sense. But still, you not saying you have to use a G. Just curious.
Either way, I won't have time to build. Hope I can donate something though.

Mikey D

Arent those all 38mm motors?

Think rules specify 29mm max!

Arent those all 38mm motors?

Think rules specify 29mm max!
True, however its been posted that rule "B" will most likely be axed. Anything goes under level 1.
Not chiseled in stone yet, but its looking that way.

I like the idea of simply keeping it under L1, if ya wanna go big ya gotta build light! I am curious what will come out this year with mbecks keeping the creative juices flowing with his quarterly build challenges.

Back