Announcing International Rocket Week 2011

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Astroscot

Reaction score
Dear friends and fellow rocketeers.

As Secretary & Co-ordinator of the International Rocket Week 2011 (IRW 2011) Organising Committee, I am pleased to announce and confirm that IRW 2011 will be held from Monday 22nd to Monday 29th August.

This will be the 26th annual rocket flying event in Scotland. Full details are now available at ~

www.irw.rocketry.org.uk

The IRW 2011 Organising Committee Members look forward to welcoming and flying with as many rocketeers from around the world as can come to and participate in the event.

Best wishes to all model, high power, and amateur rocketeers, wherever and whenever you fly.

John Bonsor,
for the IRW 2011 Organising Committee.

Last edited:
This would be fun to attend, some day! Just a matter of swinging the finances for a family trip to Europe. :)

I've met various EU fliers here at LDRS; it'd be fun to meet with them at one of their launches!

-Kevin

This would be fun to attend, some day! Just a matter of swinging the finances for a family trip to Europe. :)

I've met various EU fliers here at LDRS; it'd be fun to meet with them at one of their launches!

-Kevin

Dear Kevin.

Thanks for your comment.

Hope that you can make it to an IRW some year. I will keep everyone here posted about these long running annual events.

Sorry to be picky, but I don't believe that any European rocketeers, nor (and indeed still less) any in the UK and Scotland, would identify ourselves as "EU fliers". The European Union (EU) is a political entitiy that has its existence and role over here, but no-one identifies with it as a "country" in the way that Americans quite naturally and rightly identify themselves as "Amaricans" although all living in differennt States of the Uniom. Calling rocketeers in the UK and the other EU countries "European fliers" would be more appropriate, 'though some in Great Britain would balk at that too! No compliant here, just what I hope is a helpful guide.

Yours ever,

John B,
IRW 2011 Organising Committee.

I hope the event was a success. Are there any sources for this years photos and comments on on the web?

Oliver

Back