- Feb 27, 2022
- Reaction score
- Leuven, Belgium
So you want some sort of smart behavior where the thickness setting checks whether the last radius edit was with the outer radius or the inner radius? If the last edit was the inner radius, setting the wall thickness will keep the inner radius constant, and change the outer radius. And vice versa for the outer radius.I'm probably a bit late in this request, but I've found it a bit awkward to specify body tube sizes - specifically motor tubes, but the problem can appear elsewhere:
1. Add (or modify existing) internal tube.
2. There are (at least for me..) some default values. I change the units to mm for the internal dimension.
3. Specify a motor tube internal size - say 24mm
4. As it can be awkward to accurately measure O.D. I like to measure the thickness. Click on "wall thickness". Oops. The internal dimension goes back to whatever default was there. Enter the wall thickness.
5. The internal size now changes again. Re-enter the internal size. But it won't "stick".
It seems to want the external dimension, which is usually the one that I don't have. So I have to calculate the O.D. manually. Which seems odd that it won't self calculate. And after a few beers, this requires a calculator, as my math abilities start slipping.
It's not a killer, just a bit awkward.
Something like this?
View attachment Screen Recording 2023-01-10 at 02.30.43.mov