Announcement 1st MPR Kit!!!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkmilion

Reaction score
It's the Estes Eliminator!!! Have you seen the LL on these things?! 1/8"!!! Anyways I so proud.

1/8 is the standard Estes size. Sure it's not 3/16? I was going to get one of these, but I though nah, it goes too high. Wonder what it would do on an F21...:eek:

mkmilion,

I replaced my LLs with some pieces of a Bic pen so I could launch off a 3/8 inch rod. Didn't know if it was necessary since this rocket is so light. I also used standoffs for whatever reason.

This bird will absolutely sky on an E9-6!! On an F?? Bye, bye...

You'll have great fun, just keep your eyes on it!!!

bmhiii

Yipes, i dont wanna think about that. Let me see what it would do on rocsim... cant dl the file. I think you would get at least 4k... I wouldnt try it. Anyways, I'm sure it will be fun to fly it stock.

I love the Eliminator. That thing rocks on an E9 and can be flown on an C11. I have an extra F21 laying around. O yeah you know where thats going:D

I launched MINE on an F21-6W.... Never saw it again! LOL! It shot into a low cloud and dissapeared. It is eithere 20' below ground or is still drifting! Great flight! IF you dont mind loosing it, fly it on the F21! Its great fun!

Was at HL today, thinking about the Eliminator, but they didn't have one. I settled on a baby bertha, for the start of my bertha family.

I installed the standard 1/8" launch on my Bertha Mod. Even with the modifications though, it still only weighs 4 oz, so I thought it would be light enough for the rod still.

I'll might be test flying it tomarrow out at Lucerne on a D12. The LOC chute I put in it is a bit heavier and a lot bulkier than the Estes chute that came with the kit. I hope the CG isn't off too much, or that the chute doesn't get stuck inside and the rocket core-samples. :eek:

I won't have any of my larger projects ready until later in the month, however, like my Executioner :D

mkmilion,
the 1/8 rod is fine and the estes E9 is a great combo
Aerotech E motors really get some altitude !

The Eliminator is a cool kit, wonder what it would do on a F24? hmm, sounds tempting.

Originally posted by stymye
mkmilion,
the 1/8 rod is fine and the estes E9 is a great combo
Aerotech E motors really get some altitude !

Actually it's 1/4" I was looking at the fin can when I made that comment. I plan on buying some Aerotechs for though.

1/4"? Wow! Mighty light rocket for a 1/4 inch. :eek:

But then, Estes seems to go by a set formula for what lug to put on the rocket based on the motors its built for, and not the rocket weight. :rolleyes:

Back