And we think we have an expensive hobby...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
....I have a race car, you wanna talk expensive? :eyepop:

But, yeah, he musta really wanted that comic. :p

....I have a race car, you wanna talk expensive? :eyepop:

But, yeah, he musta really wanted that comic. :p

I never realized it but tractor pulling is even worse. My cousin Nick pulls a John Deere thats Turbocharged and maxed out. I got to pull it for the first time. Just so happened I got a little to much bounce and popped the tube off the turbo. That turbo pipe was $500 and only like 16" long! I couldn't believe it. And he replaces clutch plates like its nothing!

Ben

Personally, I think SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED is the most expensive discretionary "investement" I have ever made; and its not longer discretionary.

Well, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED turned into SHE WHO MUST BE DUMPED in my case and I started back up into the hobbies and activities I was doing before I got sublimated. Playing music, racing cars and flying rockets;)

Well, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED turned into SHE WHO MUST BE DUMPED in my case and I started back up into the hobbies and activities I was doing before I got sublimated. Playing music, racing cars and flying rockets;)

smart man!! don't hate the players, hate the game :roll:

Ben

Expensive...???

It's runnin' close to $30.00 a gallon to keep these in the air...

CHOPPER.jpg

Not to mention the van to carry things around...It's perfect for all my rockets and junk... Lol...!!!

When I think of expensive hobbies, Personal Watercraft, dirt bikes, and Snowmobiles come to mind. Unless the weather conditions are right, it's thousands of dollars sitting in storage for 6-9 months per year. Then in actual use for a few hours of a few days for a few months on average. There's also licensing, insurance, maintenance, regulations, thieves, and the authorities to deal with. Then there's the hospitalization and rehabilitation if you survive your first major mishap. The gas-powered toys also tend to depreciate in value--unless you were lucky to buy a rare gem.

In contrast, model rocketry is much safer, less expensive, and more fun. IMHO

If you really want to spend thousands of dollars on equipment for an activity that you can only engage in for part of the year, which you will need to replace every couple of years, try alpine skiing. :eek: You get lots and lots of thrills for that money, though (if you do it right). :D (The equipment and clothes are only part of the expense, though, and they are usually not even the biggest parts.)

MarkII

Back