And now for news from the bright side of life

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Having just posted an apology for a recent lapse in customer service (thanks for the kind replies) in the vendors area, I believe it is time to reveal the good news, which was part of the reason there was a customer service problem in the first place.

For those of you that were following mine and Trudy's quest to purchase a house before TRF went down (much thanks to Troy for bringing it back to life) we finally did it.
We found a great place close to Little Rock, where we both work, that is roomy enough for both of us (2700 square feet, 5 bedrooms, three full baths, sun room, two living rooms) and has a shop in the back.

And now for an obnoxious number of bad photos of our new place.

Starting from the left we have the new home of Pemberton Technologies! It is just about 500 square feet.
(See Layne, See Layne Happy, See Layne Happy Enough to do the White-boy Dance without Shame)

shopfromdeck_7309.jpg

Moving right is the view from the shop to the deck.

shophouse_7308.jpg

Now the deck and the master bedroom.

deckbetter_7310.jpg

And a wide shot of the front of the place.

housefront_7321.jpg

The house is really long so it was difficult to fit it all in frame and still tell what it looks like. And it didn't help that the sun was setting at the time.

Now for something I am very proud of....
*If the first three rows of the audience would please move back*

Here is the new corporate sign for "The Shop"

IntPemtechtile_7589.jpg

Trudy hand painted it on a floor tile and gave it to me for Yule. I am so d@%# lucky to have her.
:D

Here she is with one of our "kids".

mommaandzoe_7581.jpg

Last edited:
Now for the first time ever, a view inside of Pemberton Technologies!

pemtechshop_7355.jpg

displayrockets_7315.jpg

Well, at least before everything was moved in.

So here it is WITH almost everything stuffed inside.

pemtechshop2_7660.jpg

Yeah...
We are working on our organizational skills.

Last edited:
I know the feeling Layne. Congrats on the new place looks great. I don't know how big the last shop was but the new International Headquarters look good. Is that place over in the corner were you will be building your Level 2and 3 rocket kits?

I know the feeling Layne. Congrats on the new place looks great. I don't know how big the last shop was but the new International Headquarters look good. Is that place over in the corner were you will be building your Level 2and 3 rocket kits?

Why yes, that is exactly where I will be developing them in the near future.
:D

Nice house Layne, I'm happy for you and Trudy. :) And the tile is very cool. And I'm still working on Bucky, I haven't figured out how to do the motor mount dance yet... What are your "kid's" names?

Nice digs, Layne!

So, what kind of engine does that green and yellow thing with the comfy-looking seat take? :D

Not really sure about that yet, but I am thinking M or larger...
What is your advice?
And would you care for a ride?
Maybe a cluster - especially if I'm in the seat. Thrust to weight ratio, you know... :eek:

I see no picture of "The White Boy Dance" as suggested in the opening post. I feel this was false advertising.:mad:

Back