• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Found And another longshot for Nike Ajax

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Forever_Metal

JustAnotherBAR
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever heard or seen the Estes Nike Ajax (#1279)?

Have you possibly seen one lying around in your piles of stuff?

And now the $1,000,000 question... do you have a kit lying around collecting dust?

Well, if you do please contact me! Even if you don't want to sell it out right, maybe i can rent it for a period long enough to capture all the pertinent data so I can build my own (actually it will be my 3rd) clone and then upscale it!!!

Any and All assistance would be greatly appreciated!

fm

I bet you could find the real items dimensions on line. A little exercise in scaling and you are set.

Sent from my iPhone using Rocketry Forum

Wow...

Thanks to a guy named Bill and a (very sneaky guy whose name rhymes with floored 'em :cool2:), I have my very own Ajax...

You have made my week! Now I understand the "misunderstanding" G

Added:

If you folks have a moment check out Gordon's work; the kit is very nice and apart from me not noticing that the drawing was rolled up inside the body tube, this will turn out to be a great model... Thanks Again!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year ALL!!!

from the FM & Famiy

Have you ever heard or seen the Estes Nike Ajax (#1279)?

Have you possibly seen one lying around in your piles of stuff?

And now the $1,000,000 question... do you have a kit lying around collecting dust?

Well, if you do please contact me! Even if you don't want to sell it out right, maybe i can rent it for a period long enough to capture all the pertinent data so I can build my own (actually it will be my 3rd) clone and then upscale it!!!

Any and All assistance would be greatly appreciated!

fm
Great rocket, check out my profile pic. That's mine on an M1939

it was one of those...

Nothing to do and the base is not letting retirees in the exchange (after a 3 hour drive to get there) except on tues/thur/Sat...
So may as well find a hobby shop and buy something to occupy my time for the next 2 weeks...
Only to find the hobby shop is suffering from covid by way of no shipments being receivrerd for weeks...
On my 3rd and final circuit through the small shop, there it was. Still hanging on the board (with a lot of dust on it).

I still love this hobby

fm

for those that have asked...

You DO NOT want to know what I paid for it... It was so cheap I almost felt bad; I mean really felt like I was stealing it for 1970's prices... And other than the bag, it is in great shape. On top of that, I found a big brute x-wing, an early k-coded mercury, a sandhawk, aaaaaaand a Centuri Saturn 5. All of which are un-assembled, and in original packaging... though it appears that someone started the Saturn but realized that it is a LARGE model and fairly complex.

Again...

Wonders never cease...

fm

Back