Anarchy X

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clay Kremer

Reaction score
anarchy.jpg

Making some progress on the Anarchy X. It will fly on ex day at MWP2 on a central N and 6 M outboards. It will have roughly 49,000 total ns and should approach 20,000 ft AGL.

Just get a chainsaw and cut the roof open. Easy as pie

The hard part is being far enough away from an inhabited building:D

It's PML 11.5" tube laminated with carbon/Kevlar, centering rings are 3/8" aluminum, fins are honeycombed aluminum aircraft floorboards and will be laminated with kevlar/carbon and it's 11.5' tall. It will come out of the attic soon as there's a lot to be done:)

yeah, those centering rings looked like aluminum.

I think I have the same luggage set you do (noting the suitcase in the right front of the picture next to the lovely Mrs. Kremer, I presume)

Yep, that is some special luggage. Did I mention that if it all the motors are lit on the pad it will be about a P14000 in a 100# rocket?

Mwhahahahahahaha

More power!!!!:D

(Excerpt from "Home Improvement")

You're nuts, Clay. Certifiable.

I love it and am looking forward to seeing this rocket shred..err - fly at:

MidWest Power 2

Well, this thread doesn't seem to gather the same amount of interest that would be dedicated to a corncob flying on a J350. Well I don't plan on flying a corncob but at about 50Kns it will be like lighting 70 J350's at the same time. Of course we could talk suitcases...

OK, then -

How fast?

How high?

Rocket weight?

Propellant weight?

Burntime of the motors?

How much noseweight in there?

You lighting all the motors on the ground?

You make your wife carry your suitcases?

How fast? Mach 1.5

How high? 20K

Rocket weight? 107#

Propellant weight? 60#

Burntime of the motors? 3.5sec/ 2 M's @ 12 secs

How much noseweight in there? ???

You lighting all the motors on the ground? Yep

You make your wife carry your suitcases? Of course!!

don't fret it Clay, I can tell you first hand.
you can spend months planning, designing and working on a rocket, post data,rocksims and construction pics , spend every other weekend priming ,sanding ,and painting, untill you get that elusive impecable finish, than finally post you're best pic and you might get a few responces.
but build a clone of an alpha and post a pic you may end up with 4 pages of threads to discuss every detail about it, it's funny but,thats just how it seems to work here.

One of the bummers about being on the west coast is that I don't get to see things like that launch..

You might consider posting a thread on your rocket in the HPR section, considering you are definitely going high power!

Just a thought.

-Chris

:eek: :eek: :eek:
Now that is a thing of beauty.
When I saw your were from GA, I thought I might actually get to see it fly, until I saw where you were flying it. :(
Good luck. Can't wait to see pics/vids.

Tim

How are you going to find that beast? Do you have any telemetry or electronics on board? C02 or BP ejection?

Very ambitious. Needs paint.

How are the fins attached to the Centering Rings and airframe? Is all the aluminum ok at TRA launches? Bring it to LDRS!

TC
Layne

[How are you going to find that beast? Do you have any telemetry or electronics on board? C02 or BP ejection?

I'll have a rockethunter in it, the flight will be recorded on an Altacc 2C and a Gwiz will be the backup, it will use BP for ejection (probably about 20 grams).

How are the fins attached to the Centering Rings and airframe? Is all the aluminum ok at TRA launches? Bring it to LDRS!

The fins are going to be laminated in carbon/kevlar cloth and attached to the centering rings with two part automotive panel adhesive and strips of carbon fiber will attach them to the mmt and the airframe. The picture is just dry fitting everything to see what it looks like. The centering rings are aluminum and the fins have aluminum skins but the bulk of the rocket is cardboard, wood or composite so it's ok. Not gonna make a Canada trip next year though. It will get a super automotive paintjob unless I run out of time.

Very Nice Rocket :). An who is your lady friend ;)? (Don't tell her how much its going to cost to fly that... she may not smile anymore ;))

Awesome liftoff pic Clay!! I love the flames under it. Rockets look best when the flame is at least the same length as the rocket its self :) Did the flight go as you planned?

I wish I could have been there to see that one, but didn't hear about MWP2 soon enough to make plans.

Flight went great with a couple of exceptions. At the last minute realized that with the 2 smokey m airstarts it would be unstable without more noseweight so it only flew on 5 motors (36,500ns) and was a bit heavier than planned at nearly 200#'s with the motors. With 25 grams of bp it popped the nosecone at apogee when the booster hit the end of the shockcord. Followed in the truck to a soft landing with no damage. 10,600', 11.65 g's, 898 ft/sec. Red motors are mean.

Sweet!!!!

r1dermon:

Um, dude, there's about 25 grams of BP in an Estes D12 as PROPELLANT!

Ay-carumba, that's nuts man! Congrats on the great flights!

Jason

Back