An open letter to Rocketry Forum sponsors who advertise at the top of the page

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1638291456359.png

There was another one that had [something to the effect of]:

"The more your ad blocks content, the more I hate your company"

My local news now has a banner ad during the weather segment. Sadly, they paste it over the dynamic advancing weather patterns map. So, just about everything south of Montreal is covered, but Northern Quebec is free.. No one lives in Northern Quebec!! and those that do don't watch MTL News! and sadly, most of the population who likely tunes into this news show lives in or south of MTL! And most of our weather systems come from the southwest.. major marketing fail in my opinion..

I / we get it, the need to advertise to get the revenue. but the pages soon become a plethora of bouncing & dancing images.. They may not be all that bad on their own, but get a bunch of them together... so distracting.. And imagine the frustration for people who have some form of ADD / autism, trouble reading / focusing, etc..

While on the subject, go look at LOC's page. They have some on-board camera views of a launch as their main page background, and the spinning is enough to induce vomiting as you try to read the header / menu bar!

I'm speaking of the sponsor ads, not the garbage Google ads that I have already disabled. There is no x in the upper right corner of the sponsor ads (at least not on my screen).

Frankly, this site is a complete mess until you turn the Google ads off.
I agree….turn off the google ads.

Back