An MX igniter experiment

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updates thread?
https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/updates.160959/page-54
Wow @kuririn you are a friggin rocket building machine! How many in your fleet are ready to fly on any given moment?
Depends on my mood and the forecast field conditions. I just pull em off the shelf the night before the launch.

Lastly, just to be clear, what starters and enhancements did you wind up using? Did you use the old MMX starters?
MXII igniters with fingernail polish and BP. The older MX igniters are in the plastic shell. Those I use for single motors. You need the launch pad that holds the shell in place. Or separate the igniter from the shell and use it that way.

I've been using nitrocellulose made from old military ammo( rifle "cylinders") dissolved in toluene, mixed with magnalum, over 30 awg nichrome wire. Trinitrocellulose burns better. than ping pong balls. :)

I've been using nitrocellulose made from old military ammo( rifle "cylinders") dissolved in toluene, mixed with magnalum, over 30 awg nichrome wire. Trinitrocellulose burns better. than ping pong balls. :)
What reloading powder is Trinitrocellulose?

Back