An Introduction - The-Rocket-Store.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve been following this thread since its early days, and I just placed an order for some Ks for local flights and M motors for Midwest Power, since my club’s field is limited to K or smaller. I just wanted to say that it’s nice seeing someone offering larger motors at such low prices. I will still keep buying from my local vendor at launches, because he drives 5hrs for us and his small business keeps us afloat as a club in a place where no HPR motors are available locally. But it’s hard to turn down savings like this on bigger motors, and we appreciate your hard work to get started up and help make this hobby a little more affordable!

Where on the East Coast are you talking about?

If you are asking about a launch site, as close to Allentown PA as possible? :rolleyes:

As for a vendor truck, The East Coast. I'm still searching for that fine line between supplying what people need and stepping on others' toes, which I have no desire to do - That was never in my thought process with this whole project, and it should have been.

... and we appreciate your hard work to get started up and help make this hobby a little more affordable!

You, sir, get it. Thank you. (And thank you for your order)

You will notice that our menu items have changed - Estes, Q-Jet, Quest, Aerotech. Those will be our offerings from this point forward.

Last edited:
You, sir, get it. Thank you. (And thank you for your order)

You will notice that our menu items have changed - Estes, Q-Jet, Quest, Aerotech. Those will be our offerings from this point forward.
Darn, I was hoping you would get the Cesaroni section up and running. Oh well, the rest of the stuff is great!

As for a vendor truck, The East Coast. I'm still searching for that fine line between supplying what people need and stepping on others' toes, which I have no desire to do - That was never in my thought process with this whole project, and it should have been

Yes, I was referring to the vendor truck. If your willing to come to Florida, I'm sure the Northeast Florida Association of Rocketry (NEFAR) club would be happy to have you come because they just lost one of their vendors. The club is just west of Port Orange.

I am actively working with other local enthusiasts to secure land to do just that - Stay Tuned.

IMPORTANT - It was not in my original plan, But within 6 months I will have a vendor truck on-site for East Coast launches. This was suggested by my main supplier, an "offer I cannot refuse" if you will. ;)

It is a fantastic idea with the support behind it - Awesome. Oh, and at the same prices.

Awesome. Im in CT but will travel to PA if there are launches in that area especially with family near by. With all those huge farm fields, I love taking mid power stuff with me down there and have been looking for a spot for high power. I know a club launches at Fort Indiantown Gap but its up to Mid-power only. It's a shame there isnt a larger spot out there that could be accessed for HP.

....May I offer a suggestion? You may find that USPS Priority Mail shipping rates are considerably lower than UPS, especially to Hawaii...

Overly simplified, but here is my thought process - UPS is here every day with other business. I can package/ship with no hassles, which keeps my costs low. Post office I have to actually haul stuff to the post office, take time, etc. Plus, who in HI would ever buy this stuff?. Oh, wait.... :rolleyes:

FYI - ALL items (and I mean ALL items, yes, Ms, Os, Doorknobs!) will be again fully stocked on Tuesday, July 21, and shipped by the 22nd - Everyone will have everything. We'll worry about billing after receipt. All items are of course shipped following HAZMAT guidelines where applicable, as they always have been - I will make that more clear on the website.

My two loves (other than my wife) are Rockets & Cars. I purchased a '65 Aluminum Chevy Box truck (for a quick restore) which will be our on-site vehicle for being a vendor at scheduled launches. Wife hates it, I think she's beautiful. The truck that is. AND my wife. Yowsa. Pictures available to other car whackos on request.

Ladies & gentlemen, it is coming together. Thank you.

FYI - ALL items (and I mean ALL items, yes, Ms, Os, Doorknobs!) will be again fully stocked on Tuesday, July 21, and shipped by the 22nd - Everyone will have everything. We'll worry about billing after receipt. All items are of course shipped following HAZMAT guidelines where applicable, as they always have been - I will make that more clear on the website.

My two loves (other than my wife) are Rockets & Cars. I purchased a '65 Aluminum Chevy Box truck (for a quick restore) which will be our on-site vehicle for being a vendor at scheduled launches. Wife hates it, I think she's beautiful. The truck that is. AND my wife. Yowsa. Pictures available to other car whackos on request.

Ladies & gentlemen, it is coming together. Thank you.
As long as your wife doesn't mind, we'd love some pictures of her... 🤔 :rolleyes:🤣

Here's another suggestion: can you include shipping and tracking info when you send the orders out? My order didn't include a notice when it got shipped out or a tracking #. I only knew it was on the way when I got a notice from UPS directly. I think it would be to your benefit since the customer will know if the delay is due to the carrier and you have already sent the parcel out.

Overly simplified, but here is my thought process - UPS is here every day with other business. I can package/ship with no hassles, which keeps my costs low. Post office I have to actually haul stuff to the post office, take time, etc.

USPS is as simple as UPS, you can print a label online and schedule a pick up along with your daily mail, no need to drive. IME, shipments for PayPal sales are even simpler. I've found USPS to be considerably less expensive, like 50% of UPS cost or less, for lightweight stuff. For example, I can send a pound to your area for less than $9, 2-3 day deliver with tracking and $50 insurance included via Priority Mail.

Just something to consider.

Here is a fact I just simply had to share; there was (is) understandable skepticism about The Rocket Store, and I earlier had refunded everyone's payment, advising they could pay when they received their items.

As of this morning, 100% of those that have received their items have paid. 100%. Right now please picture me standing and giving you an ovation, I knew that was the right call - Rocket people are good people.

All Quest & Q-Jet product now available & offered (fixed website links). The Rocket Store will now be donating to schools the Quest products exclusively, as they have fantastic bulk packs & starter kits (as well as the support of the goal by Aerotech)

Hail from Allentown, PA - and if Loki Motors are something I can get and people want, then it will be so. Congrats on having $50 to spend - if you want to wait till I get Loki, so be it.

Can I save on shipping if I pick up? I'm not too far from you and I'm working in Allentown as we speak. Been looking for a good priced motor shop that can source more than just the usual a8-3-c6-5 range...

Congrats on the store! All for the love...

Hi Mike,

Did motors ship out today or yesterday for everyone who had ordered them and was waiting for them to get to you from your distributor(s)?

Thanks,
Joe

UPS being the only shipping option was a deal breaker for me. It quoted me $20 shipping for less than $30 worth of LPR motors. Sorry, but no thanks.

My UPS account notified me of my pending motor shipment, and I’ve seen pictures of half my motors being in stock, with the M reloads I ordered being here hopefully early next week per communications with Mike. It seems like motor inventory being received when he wants it is a bit of a bottleneck, but it looks like pending motor orders that haven’t shipped yet should be out his door soon.

How much would you be able to carry 6 and 24 packs of quest micro maxx motors? I’d pay a bit extra to not have to wait for shipping (you are a 2 hour drive for me).

How much would you be able to carry 6 and 24 packs of quest micro maxx motors? I’d pay a bit extra to not have to wait for shipping (you are a 2 hour drive for me).

Tell me how many you want to see, of what type & size, and I'll make sure I have more than you need. If you are a two hour drive, I'll meet you 1/2 way

Tell me how many you want to see, of what type & size, and I'll make sure I have more than you need. If you are a two hour drive, I'll meet you 1/2 way
I don’t need u to meet me half way, I drive out to PA every now and then just to go to shooting ranges :) Quest micro maxx are kinda niche, they are basically 1/8a, only one kind and only come in 6 and 24 packs. Not sure how much you can retail them for, Belleville Hobby ends up $1/each after $100+ free shipping, but the shipping took 6 weeks for my last order (usps fault)!

I don’t need u to meet me half way, I drive out to PA every now and then just to go to shooting ranges :) Quest micro maxx are kinda niche, they are basically 1/8a, only one kind and only come in 6 and 24 packs. Not sure how much you can retail them for, Belleville Hobby ends up $1/each after $100+ free shipping, but the shipping took 6 weeks for my last order (usps fault)!
Sony to sound like a meanie...I am all for Mike to make tons of money but if you are having a conversation about possible buys and transactions...use a private message or contact him via his web page. Angie......Chuck is this not the correct way to go,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back