An Introduction - The-Rocket-Store.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Please add, subtract, comment - now is the time, functionality is for you-

Search options / filters – MOTOR SEARCH -
Motor Type - RMS, LDS, SINGLE, Misc
Impulse - 1/2A, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O
Diameter - 13, 18, 24, 29, 38, 54, 98

Search options / filters – ROCKET SEARCH -
Motor Diameter- 13, 18, 24, 29, 38, 54, 98
Skill Level- 1,2,3,4,5
Manufacturer- Aerotech, Quest, Estes, LOC

I'd like:

Search options / filters - MOTOR SEARCH -
Motor Type - RMS, SU
Case Type - 29/180, 29/240, 38/120, CTI 3gr, CTI 4gr, etc....
Diameter - 13, 18, 24, 29, 38, etc....

I find searching by impulse letter to be much less useful than searching by case size. Some cases, like the 29/180 straddle two impulse ranges (G and H in that case). When shopping for reloads, I want to pick out some that fit my case.

I suppose Impulse letter could be another filter that I just don't use if it were there.

I screwed up in writing that page - I needed a time window and did not put one - Fair to make it "Within the last 12 months"?
I just spotted the bit about on the pad and post-flight images. I fly an altimeter in almost every model but I don't often document it on the pad and post flight (especially both of the same flight) so I can't submit my NARAM-61 E-alt flight.

That's not a problem, I'll just have to start documenting. Going flying with family (wife, two grandkids, elder son and his significant other) tomorrow....and can certainly reach for some altitude most likely A through D.

Which leads to.....any restrictions on number of stages? If it's REALLY calm I could fly my Sterling Silver C6-0 to C6-7 and probably fly higher than anything single stage I can put a D in. But that would be really pushing it for that field unless it is even calmer than the NWS is forecasting.

And you NEED some cool (3 or 4) logo stickers to add to packages to put on range boxes and car windows... move this to #1 🤣
:) You Stepped on the Magic Landmine (whatever you call it) A subject I cannot put on the site really. There is an offer of 20% off with use of stickers (see the site) 20% off puts me at a loss - I knew this going in, all is cool. I ask that you simply consider giving the stickers to someone who would otherwise not be flying because they cannot afford it. That is the mission of the site. (It sure as heck is not getting rich)

I just spotted the bit about on the pad and post-flight images. I fly an altimeter in almost every model but I don't often document it on the pad and post flight (especially both of the same flight) so I can't submit my NARAM-61 E-alt flight.

That's not a problem, I'll just have to start documenting. Going flying with family (wife, two grandkids, elder son and his significant other) tomorrow....and can certainly reach for some altitude most likely A through D.

Which leads to.....any restrictions on number of stages? If it's REALLY calm I could fly my Sterling Silver C6-0 to C6-7 and probably fly higher than anything single stage I can put a D in. But that would be really pushing it for that field unless it is even calmer than the NWS is forecasting.

I was going to say total impulse (so stages would not matter, but that will become to complicated (for me)) Let's keep it at single stage for now. I'll clarify on the site

I was going to say total impulse (so stages would not matter, but that will become to complicated (for me)) Let's keep it at single stage for now. I'll clarify on the site
OK - single stage it is.

I suppose one should ask about single or clustered motors as well....though it's really hard to beat a single motor for altitude. Single motor/single stage seems simplest.

OK - single stage it is.

I suppose one should ask about single or clustered motors as well....though it's really hard to beat a single motor for altitude. Single motor/single stage seems simplest.

I would have to say, for now until all this dust of a start up has settled, that we keep it one stage / one motor. I have to finish the "About Us" page (where you all learn I am a convicted axe murder) and put in part numbers & finish search criteria for aerotech, heck all motors.

Last edited:
Hail from Allentown, PA - and if Loki Motors are something I can get and people want, then it will be so. Congrats on having $50 to spend - if you want to wait till I get Loki, so be it.
i live in Allentown, off of Auburn Street.
Do you suppose I can just pick up direct? I need D & E motors for my grandsons Big Daddy & Big Bertha.

I'm right here?

There was a commercial a few years back, group of young business people gathered around a computer terminal, they were just about to turn on their on-line store. "Here we go" and they turn on the store, and they all watch the computer terminal.........and a sale pops up ....they all cheer!!!! Then two more sales!! They start screaming with joy!!!.......then the number goes to 40, then 400, then 60,000 sales.....

and the room is completely quiet with absolute, complete, stunned terror.

That was me last week. I'm working today (July 4th) to get it all done. Some schools are going to be very pleased with you people.

Happy 4th all, and God Bless America.

Last edited:
Not to nitpick but your introductory post says everything 35% off MSRP but the prices on your website only seem to be 25% off. Is that a typo?

Not to nitpick but your introductory post says everything 35% off MSRP but the prices on your website only seem to be 25% off. Is that a typo?

Not not picking at all - that's 10% difference. It IS 25%, I was called out on it earlier, On my "to do" list, It is pretty big so I will fix now.

You need to look at your reloads. Most of them are doubled up. You have a basic description like J350W, K550W, L850W... N1000W... with older retail prices. Then you have a fuller description with the current retail prices. You also show you have two 'O' motors. Only one is certified... the O5280X... not sure how you were able to get the O5040X.

Any ETA on when orders will be amassed and packaged up for sending? I'm sure you may need a small truck to get them all to the shipping company!

Any ETA on when orders will be amassed and packaged up for sending? I'm sure you may need a small truck to get them all to the shipping company!
Everyone will have a tracking # by this evening - oh, and a big truck by the way. ALSO - Search engine is not near done, but the idea is there - comments welcome/needed

Everyone will have a tracking # by this evening - oh, and a big truck by the way. ALSO - Search engine is not near done, but the idea is there - comments welcome/needed
Just for statistics fun, it would cool to know the total number of motors sold in that first batch. 100's? 1000's?

Just for statistics fun, it would cool to know the total number of motors sold in that first batch. 100's? 1000's?
I am going to be as professional as I can here. First, everything is being fulfilled, my distributors already are with me keeping me stocked, and long term looks awesome.

That being said, last week's orders were............more than ever dreamed of - or had nightmares about.

Nobody did - I've been staring at this for 14 hours - Your patience & trust is appreciated.

1594140210271.png

Less than a week after opening, three people filed PayPal claims this morning.

I need this like I need a hole in the head.

Everyone has been refunded.

Everyone is still getting what they ordered. I'm still shipping it. Pay after you get it. Or don't.

No good deed goes unpunished. As I've been up 24 fixing UPS interface, I will be off-line.

Thank you ever so much - Michael

Less than a week after opening, three people filed PayPal claims this morning.

I need this like I need a hole in the head.

Everyone has been refunded.

Everyone is still getting what they ordered. I'm still shipping it. Pay after you get it. Or don't.

No good deed goes unpunished. As I've been up 24 fixing UPS interface, I will be off-line.

Thank you ever so much - Michael
So much for people saying Rocketeers are a great bunch of people. Mike, you can not take a 100% loss. I gladly send you a check.

I received a refund an a note about 3 people filing claims ??

Ditto, Happy to pay when order comes, just saw the refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back