An Introduction - The-Rocket-Store.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lots of motors... are these all in-stock, or is it a combination of stock and pre-order? Not that pre-order is necessarily a bad thing... a lot of us do huge pre-orders every year at BF time, with the knowledge that we might not get them for several months. It would be nice to know up-front what the eta is, though.

I like the idea of low price, seems like lots of work for donations but good on you!

I noticed while browsing mobile that the drop down arrow under "shop" tab is pretty small, might want to increase that.
Mr. Metcalf. 3rd Grade teacher. A teacher who liked his job, his kids, and rockets. All of us kids building an estes mosquito, launch day & he'd be as excited as the rest of us. I thank him, and the donations will be in his name. I'm blessed to have a fine job that gives me time to do this correctly and affordably at the same time. (If you want to make real money, you don't go into the model rocket business)

As a scratch builder, it is my dream to see all the vendors under one roof - Make life easier for all of us.

Lots of motors... are these all in-stock, or is it a combination of stock and pre-order? Not that pre-order is necessarily a bad thing... a lot of us do huge pre-orders every year at BF time, with the knowledge that we might not get them for several months. It would be nice to know up-front what the eta is, though.
Very Good - Will be clarified on site.

Wow - The feedback both here & contact form have been fantastic - My website developer is going to be busy! ANY suggestions/comments/criticisms always welcome - they will only make the product better.

From the home page:
1593520645385.png

Also from the home page:
1593520721505.png

Black on black text = especially hard to read. :)

Also: these detailed page hit stats are not really interesting to anyone except you, and just bloat the page at the bottom. Even the big single counter at the top is more a relic of the old days of web design. Nowadays you have your own analytics and that's what matters.

At minimum, suggest removing the extra details, but if it were my site the whole thing would go.

I don’t see an option to create an account und “My Account” - I did place an order and wasn’t prompted to create an account either.

The next one is a bit more picky but allow the user to select how many items they view on their page... default to 18 for example then offer 36, 72, all or some variation.

Good luck with the venture.

One thing I noticed is that for certain kinds of single-use Aerotech motors, especially those that come in 2-packs, there are often 2 results that come up for what looks like is probably the same item when you do a search by name. For example, try a search for “F67”, the results will include a ”F67-4W” and a “*F67-4W 29MM (2-PAK)”. As far as I know, they are only sold in 2-packs. Is this a duplicate entry for the same 2-pack, or is there a single motor item for sale?

Is the store actually open right now, or are you asking for feedback on the design before the actual “launch” so to speak? Is the inventory shown real, prices real, and can you process a purchase at this point?

Do you sell any Aerotech hardware or Cesaroni hardware? I saw that you had some Aerotech closure, i would recommend a separate tab for any hardware you sell under the motor category. I would also recommend when you go to motors and click on either Aerotech or Cesaroni you have the option to choose which diameter motor you want to look for instead of having all the motors and have to go from page to page to find a motor.

good prices but i want descriptions on the kits. and pictures. I will say that the thing i like best about apogee is the little grid where i can search and sort kits by motor size and diameter; and i can search motors for single-use, diameter, and total Ns.
good that you have basic description on the motor title. Kits need a little more info.

This is another *very* useful filter to have. Often only interested in seeing what's in stock.

I used to (um, still?) develop web apps. I know how hard it is to get all the data, and make it look pretty.
We will presume we're looking at v0.9.b of the site and know that it will get better with each new revision.
Looks like everyone is pretty excited about the good prices. The job now is to take the best ideas and coalesce them into something better than everybody else out there.
Thank you for the discounts.

Is the store actually open right now, or are you asking for feedback on the design before the actual “launch” so to speak? Is the inventory shown real, prices real, and can you process a purchase at this point?
Open Now, Website being tweaked for ease of use thanks to everyone's comments so far.

Good heavens, not the whole site... :eek: just the visitor counter. :) Sorry if I gave you a heart attack there, should have been clearer.

This is Shelly, the Author's wife - he can't come to the computer right now, he's in tears for some reason? :)

No doubt am I a throwback - the counter will go, google analytics will come in.

I know lots of suggestions are coming in but here's an easy one. On the Gallery page, add some instructions on how to submit. It says "send me your interesting projects, launches..." but how do we do that?

I know lots of suggestions are coming in but here's an easy one. On the Gallery page, add some instructions on how to submit. It says "send me your interesting projects, launches..." but how do we do that?

Simple "Send to email @ com" - good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back