An Introduction - The-Rocket-Store.com

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Rocket-Store.Com

Reaction score
Real Quick - 50 year lover of launches, and literally came up with the idea "I'll start a store, I'll sell as inexpensively as I can, I'll help pay for my motors, and the balance goes to donate starter packages to local schools" Spread the learning, if you will. The company is new, the site is new - I want to concentrate strictly on rockets and motors. All prices are 25% below MSRP. And just to see if anyone is reading this? $50 gift card to the 1st, 5th, and 10th person that gives me constructive critisism on the website.

Last edited:
I don't see Loki motors.

Where are you located?
Hail from Allentown, PA - and if Loki Motors are something I can get and people want, then it will be so. Congrats on having $50 to spend - if you want to wait till I get Loki, so be it.

It's a very good start. Looks like you're using the same site template as Estes. :)

I'll offer the same comments as I gave Estes when they unveiled their new site: need more useful filters. The only filter on rocket kits right now is by price, which is not typically how people search for rockets.

Useful filters:
  • Skill level
  • Motor mount size
  • multi-stage
  • cluster
  • scale
Etc. You don't need all of them but having a few would be mighty nice.

Similar considerations for motor searching: diameter, reloads/single use, etc.

Also, when I searched for LEO Space Train, I got this sort of broken page: https://www.the-rocket-store.com/?s=leo+space+train

When navigating the Shop menu for motors, I get this:
1593479640824.png

In addition to the weirdness that the submenus open to the left (applies to Rockets as well), "MOTORS AEROTECH" should presumably just be "AEROTECH".

But again, a very good start. Good luck with it!

I clicked on Rocket Motors - Cesaroni, but didn't see any motors listed. Are you going to be a CTI dealer?

It's a very good start. Looks like you're using the same site template as Estes. :)

I'll offer the same comments as I gave Estes when they unveiled their new site: need more useful filters. The only filter on rocket kits right now is by price, which is not typically how people search for rockets.

Useful filters:
  • Skill level
  • Motor mount size
  • multi-stage
  • cluster
  • scale
Etc. You don't need all of them but having a few would be mighty nice.

Similar considerations for motor searching: diameter, reloads/single use, etc.

Also, when I searched for LEO Space Train, I got this sort of broken page: https://www.the-rocket-store.com/?s=leo+space+train

When navigating the Shop menu for motors, I get this:
View attachment 422553

In addition to the weirdness that the submenus open to the left (applies to Rockets as well), "MOTORS AEROTECH" should presumably just be "AEROTECH".

But again, a very good start. Good luck with it!
Fantastic suggestions - will be implemented. With regards to https://www.the-rocket-store.com/?s=leo+space+train, if you then click on the name, the rocket pops up. Awkward

Definitely low prices. Good luck. Would be nice if the motors, kits, and accessories were separated. Best price on the O5280 I’ve seen yet.

Two more questions:

I happen to be not very far from Allentown, would you have a local pick up option (to avoid HAZMAT?). Also, are you going to be offering your own rocket designs? (I see The-Rocket-Store as a listing under Rockets) And I'll second neil_w's suggestion of motor filters, especially for motors. Such as diameter, impuse class, SU vs reload, etc....

Two more questions:

I happen to be not very far from Allentown, would you have a local pick up option (to avoid HAZMAT?). Also, are you going to be offering your own rocket designs? (I see The-Rocket-Store as a listing under Rockets) And I'll second neil_w's suggestion of motor filters, especially for motors. Such as diameter, impuse class, SU vs reload, etc....
Hazmat Sucks - Of course. I will have a couple of my own designs for sale as kits - Mine focus on the 29mm motor and as many electronics as you can stuff in.

More:
  1. Nowhere on the site does it talk about shipping charges. I went through the first screen of purchasing and it sent me to Paypal without telling me anything about shipping. I stopped there because I didn't know if I was going to have to complete a transaction before I learned the answer.
  2. I looked up the Aerotech E15, and the product information did not say anything about how many were in the pack (may or may not be true of other motors as well). Presumably it's a 3-pack, should state that clearly on the product page.
  3. The logo looks a bit fuzzy, and a bit dingy. Here it is on the site:
    1593480241689.png

And here is just the image opened up in a separate tab:
    1593480354102.png

Note how much better it looks. Problem seems to be the resizing on the site, plus the slightly lighter background gives the whole thing a bit less contrast.

More:
  1. Nowhere on the site does it talk about shipping charges. I went through the first screen of purchasing and it sent me to Paypal without telling me anything about shipping. I stopped there because I didn't know if I was going to have to complete a transaction before I learned the answer.
  2. I looked up the Aerotech E15, and the product information did not say anything about how many were in the pack (may or may not be true of other motors as well). Presumably it's a 3-pack, should state that clearly on the product page.
  3. The logo looks a bit fuzzy, and a bit dingy. Here it is on the site:
    View attachment 422559
    And here is just the image opened up in a separate tab:
    View attachment 422560
    Note how much better it looks. Problem seems to be the resizing on the site, plus the slightly lighter background gives the whole thing a bit less contrast.
Regarding the motors, they all need to be cleared up in description, clarified - I agree, and It was something I've known. I forgot to to discuss shipping on the site. I'm selling rocket motors, and I forgot to explain shipping. Jeez. Thank You!

Quick-view of cart:
1593481610821.png

1) Transparency on pull-downs is not your friend, hinders readability (I made this comment to Estes as well)
2) "VIEW CART" and "CHECKOUT" are barely visible due to white-on-light-grey scheme

Even the checkout screen is pretty low contrast:
1593481733956.png

Darker text please!

Sorry I am a fanatic for making things clear and easy-to-read. Low-contrast color schemes are all too common.

Quick-view of cart:
View attachment 422562

1) Transparency on pull-downs is not your friend, hinders readability (I made this comment to Estes as well)
2) "VIEW CART" and "CHECKOUT" are barely visible due to white-on-light-grey scheme

Even the checkout screen is pretty low contrast:
View attachment 422563

Darker text please!

Sorry I am a fanatic for making things clear and easy-to-read. Low-contrast color schemes are all too common.
I ASKED For it NEIL, appreciate the input!

May I also suggest that the specifications (length, diameter, recommended motors, etc) be added for each kit?

I like the idea of low price, seems like lots of work for donations but good on you!

I noticed while browsing mobile that the drop down arrow under "shop" tab is pretty small, might want to increase that.

For the Aerotech rockets, there are question marks after some of the names. (e.g., Arreaux?, Atrobee-D? ?, HV-Arcas?). Also, some of the kit names have a letter following the name (e.g., Big Dog (A)) - what does that mean? Finally, the Aerotech Rockets section includes motors and hardware. Just on the first page, I see a 29mm casing and a G40.

You need a filter for the kits and motors. Pictures and descriptions would be nice, too.

Pix of the rockets! I selected Aerotech rockets, and I got a mixed listing of rocket kits and motors, with no pix or descriptions. And why do some rockets have a "?" after the name? And what is the significance of the A, B, C? Ex - Big Dog (A) vs Cheetah ? (B). The Estes section does appear to be more complete.

I also agree about the comments on the text colors. The MSRP stands out in the bright red, but the discount price is a light blue/grey that is more difficult to read.

Definitely more filters. There are 13 pages of Estes Rockets. Not certain I would want to flip through them all to see what they are.

Some filters I would prefer are filters by diameter, casing size, and an explanation about the difference between the more expensive plugged/smoke reloads and the standard listing that are cheaper. Also, including the thrust curve would be a nice touch. Finally, thank you for doing this.

I searched for a L1000 and 2 options showed up. 1 was considerably cheaper than the other. I think the cheaper one is supposed to be the L1090. One thing that needs to be done is get everything labeled correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back