An interesting contest

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbrandt

That Darn College Student
Reaction score
Has anyone ever considered the idea of D powered golf ball lofting??

Nope, but my son did a science fair project a few years ago to loft a standard hard baseball, with C-F motor range. I think he got barely 50' with the C! Just enough to trigger the launch detect of the altimeter and popped the chute about 10' off the deck. Golf ball would be too easy. You wouldn't even know it was there. Maybe with an A.
-Ken

Tried rocket golf once.

What you need:
Launcher you can aim.
Golf balls with motor tube and fins attached.
Large selection of 1/2A to C motors, plugged.
An unmodified golf ball.
Putter.

Set up pad on tee and select motor. Launch. Set up pad wherever the ball landed and repeat until on green. Use putter to hole the standard golf ball.

Note that this is not under the NAR rules concerning launch angle and plugging motors.

I don't know if my golf instructor will mind me duct taping an I motor to a golf ball on a par 5...
EDIT: Heck with the putter, bring some micro-maxx motors and use those to putt.

Also, the Gym Lofting. Take random item from gym, shove either tiny or huge motor up the tail end, and launch it. I was thinking 50 pound dumbells on an N2000...

Come on already, don't you guys want an element of risk? Car keys lofting: Whoever can't retrieve their rocket walks home!

Back