An idea for a "My Projects" Folder/Button...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

Hooked On Rockets

Reaction score
My thought is to have a folder that is only kept on our profile (NOT re-posted to the forum) to consolidate and "show off" our build threads so if anyone likes some of the work another member has been doing, they can go to that persons profile and click "My Projects" and see what other build threads they have posted.

Things do get buried here pretty quick and it's tough to find some of the posts I've made, let alone anyone elses.

Also, there would be an "Add to my Projects" "BUTTON" that comes up IF we are creating a build thread so we can add the post to our "folder" for others to browse.
Make the limiting factor "build thread"=Yes, "anything else"=No.
I know it would be a little bit of IT work, but I think it would be worth it for us to share our projects without having to "search, search, search"....
I think it would help new users (like myself) to find "productive" posts on
building from threads like "What Did You Do Rocket Wise Today".
I think it's worth a "test drive",
Anyone else???

Thanks!!
SS

Last edited:

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Easiest way to search for what you've posted is the "My Replies" and "My Threads" links at the top of the page.
My Replies are what you've posted on other people's threads.
My Threads is self explanatory.
You can also click on the Profile icon on the upper right corner and choose "Your Content".
If everyone posted their build threads on their profile page in a folder then how would you know about them?
Posting in the appropriate sub-forum seems like the best solution. Just my humble opinion.;)

Hooked On Rockets

Reaction score
Easiest way to search for what you've posted is the "My Replies" and "My Threads" links at the top of the page.
My Replies are what you've posted on other people's threads.
My Threads is self explanatory.
You can also click on the Profile icon on the upper right corner and choose "Your Content".
If everyone posted their build threads on their profile page in a folder then how would you know about them?
Posting in the appropriate sub-forum seems like the best solution. Just my humble opinion.;)
Yes Sir,
But the point is not to find MY OWN posts, the point is to create a "resource point"/system so
OTHERS can look at our profile and click a link to find build threads and relevant techniques for BUILDING.
A place that noobies go to find things that will help building when they see something in a
scattered thread (like "What did you do rocket wise today?)
The idea is NOT for me, but for everyone else.

Edit: My font changed after my quote, I don't mean to sound like I'm yelling!

SS

kuririn

BARGeezer
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Things do get buried here pretty quick and it's tough to find some of the posts I've made
Ah, I thought you were referring to your own posts.
Wouldn't it be harder to go to each users profile page and search for build threads than to just search the sub forums?
# of sub forums = 35
# of users = thousands (?)
Or are you talking about just a handful of users that you'd like to track? There's a "People you follow" feature where you can add specific forum users that you'd like to follow.
Also having sub forums on specific areas like plans, low power, beginners, etc. would be less confusing for newbies, right? Especially since they don't know anything about the other users and what they do/specialize in. So they wouldn't know whose profile page to look up.