An AV bay question

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rocketcharlie

Reaction score
Hi all, I guess this is the best forum for this question.

I am designing an AV bay. Does anyone have a slick idea on how to align the holes in the AV bay tube with the switches on the sled inside? The only way I have done it is by careful measuring with mixed results.

Thanks

Hi all, I guess this is the best forum for this question.

I am designing an AV bay. Does anyone have a slick idea on how to align the holes in the AV bay tube with the switches on the sled inside? The only way I have done it is by careful measuring with mixed results.

Thanks

As luck would have it I did a number of posts on this very thing in my Avionics Build Thread here: https://www.rocketryforum.com/threads/avionics-bay-sled-build-thread-sure.164764/

SEE Posts # 16 thru 24

Andrew

Thanks folks, the threads you linked are very helpful.

Anyone care to describe what method you use with a LED to illuminate the sport on the tube?

Also if you drill the hole in the tube first, you then tack the switch in place through this hole with some CA to mark its location?

Charlie

I just tape or hotmelt the led on the end of a wood skewer. Flexible wires connect to a battery or power supply, and there is a resistor to limit current in circuit somewhere. You can easily manipulate the led, using the stick, to find the hole in the inner assembly.

Back