Ambroid EZ mask

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetra2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just acquired a product from my local hobby shop called Ambroid EZ Mask. It is described as "Peelable brush-on liquid mask" and contuinues on with saying "Brush on area to be masked, spray, let dry, peel off. For use on Plastic, Metal, Sealed Wood, and Most Non-Porous sufaces." Once I read that, I thought that I would be able to use it. So, I asked the owner of the hobby shop if it's compatible with Krylon. He answered yes, and continued by saying that all I had to do to get a nice, straight, cleaner line was to use my knife and trim it. He sold me on that point, so I bought the stuff. Not bad for $1.99.

Does anyone here have any experience with this product and/or recommendations for use?

Thanks,
Jason

Never heard of it, but it sounds very intriguing. Please keep us posted!

I have herd of it. It is used by people that do crafts,my expert is not here now.Iwould ask about it, at your local craft store.please let us know how it works out.

I've used something similar on plastic models. It was especially good for aircraft canopies. Just paint it on. Let it dry. Then take a sharp x-acto and cut out the canopy frame. Peel off the areas you want to paint. Spray, let dry, peel. And, that's all there is to it. :)

Regards,
Todd

I can't remember the name of the stuff, but I used to use something similar to that way back in my RC car racing days. Used it to mask off areas of the car body for painting. I too am curious how it will work for your rocket.

Back