Amazon Smile

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vcp

Reaction score
Just a reminder that the Amazon Smile program directs a (small) donation percentage of your Amazon orders to a charity of your choice. I've had mine set to the NAR for years, and I just received a notice that the donations from my orders have totaled almost $50. Not much, but ya know, every little bit. I think I have an add-on to Chrome that redirects all my Amazon orders to smile.amazon.com so I don't even think about it. Just a thought, if you're ordering from Amazon anyway, the NAR or other charity you want could benefit a bit.

{Amazon bashing, evil Bezos, I get it. No need to clutter responses with such. Not the point.]

I have my Amazon Smile money sent to the local animal shelter where my wife volunteers. We also do the
Kroger's rewards and have that sent to the shelter. She is on the board of directors and sees the numbers for this stuff. Last quarter the shelter got $200 from all the Kroger's money. That works out to about $800 a year just from Kroger's. They also get the license plate donations from the state. A few thousand a year from these donations makes a big difference to a small shelter and there is no effort on the shelter's part.

Just a bump since I got the quarterly update.

This is the quarterly notification to inform you that AmazonSmile has made a charitable donation to the charity you’ve selected, National Association of Rocketry, in the amount of $191.71 as a result of qualifying purchases made by you and other customers between April 1st - June 30th.

Thanks to customers shopping at smile.amazon.com or using the Amazon app with AmazonSmile turned ON, everyday purchases make an impact. So far, AmazonSmile has donated:
  • $2,296.11 to National Association of Rocketry*
  • Over $377 million to US charities
  • Over $422 million to charities worldwide
Visit your AmazonSmile impact page to track donations generated or change your charity.

And their cockamamie reason is full of crap.
Totally agree. "Spread too thin" my a$$. I would have preferred them to just say the economic conditions have changed since the pandemic and they are prioritizing cost cutting measures to limit the number of layoffs and preserve shareholder value. That's crap too, but at least it would be honest crap.

Since my contribution will no longer go where I want it to, but where they choose, I'm done with "Smile". What unavoidable purchases from them I might need to make will be Amazon "Basic".

Back