AltusMetrum Telemetrum flight monitor issue

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaz

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I am having a issue and wanted to see if anyone else has had the same problem. I have been using the Telemetrum since they came out and but now when I ground test them they are not updating when the software is in flight mode. I can run it in idle and update the altimeter settings but in flight mode it will not connect. At first I thought is was my altimeter so I bought another Telemetrum but it is having the same issue. My best guess is its the dongle receiver but I don't want to just buy another one of those if it may be something else. If anyone else has ran into the same issue please let me know what you did. Thanks in advance!

If you have two TeleMetrum units both not being heard, it does sound like it could be an issue with your TeleDongle. If you know anyone nearby with another TeleDongle or TeleBT, getting together with them to see if their ground station works would be a great way to confirm this.

Thank you Bdale. I was thinking the same thing but unfortunately I dont have anyone close. I may just need to bite the bullet and order another one.

While I'm always happy to sell more stuff, if you want, I can open an RMA for you and take it back in to see if I can find what's wrong. Sometimes stuff happens like the SMA connector center pin breaking loose of the pad it's soldered to that's easy to fix, sometimes it's tougher than that. Let me know in private message if you want to pursue that path.

Those symptoms sound just like the symptoms I had recently with a TeleMetrum V2.0. It would connect in idle mode but not flight mode. I switched to other TeleMetrums that worked fine in both modes, both V2.0 and 3.0. The problematic unit was a relatively new: few flights and never wrecked. The last flight before trouble developed was perfect, both in terms of rocket and TeleMetrum performance. Software was not upgraded between this flight and the 'failure to communicate'. I think 1.9.3 or 1.9.4. I recently sent it to Keith for troubleshooting.

Looks like I needed a new base receiver. I was able to get it to work with the new gear. KBRocket let me know what happens with your setup because I still have an older unit that is demonstrating the exact same thing yours are.

The problems with my TeleMetrum V2.0 were resolved. The hardware and firmware were both fine. It was operator (me) error.

At some point I must have deselected this setting:
1610077242831.png

Apparently this disables communication in flight mode but not in idle mode.
Thanks to Keith for troubleshooting.

Back