AltusMetrum Launch system

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is. I got an email from Keith & Bdale yesterday with announcement.
Shop.gag.com is Bdales store.

Well then it looks like this is legit, although I am not sure why there isn't a official announcement on the Altus Metrum site. Doing a whois on gag.com the primary NS server is keithp.com, which seems to be a bit of a giveaway.

Legit, as its where I ordered my altimeters from earlier, but I can see why one would think it's spam or such with gag.com. Not sure why they did not post it on the vendor area or make thier own announcment here? I thought it was interesting for rocketry and just passed it on here.

We have used wireless systems before and yes there has been some "reliability" issues, which actually were not due to the wireless but the way the clips were soldered to the leads, but we have had just as many issues with our wired system too. Neither system is infallible but the wireless systems are much less time consuming to setup and take down as there are no wires to deal with. The wireless system we used was not ours, our system is wired. We do now have a wireless system for our away cell or our further out pads if needed, it however is based partially on the MissleWorks Wireless Controller (WRC iirc).

You can't "hack" a wired system . . .

It is near impossible to break a good wireless system and who would waste their time trying?

More and more clubs are noving to waireless. I inititaed our clubs move to wireless and I will never go back. It shaves off hours of prep and clean up for a moderate to large size club.

I'm concerned about safety at the pad, while hooking up igniters, whether caused by an electronic glitch, spurious RF, or component failure.

Can't happen with a digital system. Our system requires communication to set up the launch. That communication is more than just "fire".

I have seen more than a few mishaps with systems cobbled together using "key fob" units . . . Gun shy !

That way you don't go with a system thrown together with two guys drinking bourbon on the back 40. You want a professional system done by a reliable group. Altus and Wilson FX have shown they understand wireless technology.

WilsonFX. Fantastic system. I only have to run one 50-100 foot extension cable for 64 pads.

I have seen more than a few mishaps with systems cobbled together using "key fob" units ...
Details, please. There was a report at NARCON this year about using Chinese wireless fireworks controllers that use similar tech and didn't indicate any issues.

Back