AltiUno and AltiDuo SMT and assembled versions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bdureau

Reaction score
I am progressing very well my SMT version of the AltiUno and AltiDuo that I have been selling as kits.
I thought I will start a new thread because the other one is really for the kits and people who like to do the hacking...
Both SMT version use nearly the same version of the program however they use slightly different components. The use the ne Bosch sensor (bmp180) and use integrated fet. Internal voltage is 3.3 Vots rather than 5V
The boards are a lot smaller and can be used with model rockets.
Prices will be also quite reasonable:

25 euros for the AltiUno
30 euros for the AltiDuo
Thoses prices will be for fully assembled and tested altimeters
Shipping anywhere in the world will be 3.5 euros for 2 altimeters

They work really well on the chamber, they are using a software that I have tested with a lot of flights with the kits but I would like to do more flights to make sure that the new hardware is reliable.

If you want cheaper you can always build my kits that I will continue to keep open because that is I think a good way to inovate.
100_7973.jpg100_8002.jpg100_8007.jpg

What kind of batteries can this handle? You say it uses an internal FET.

What kind of batteries can this handle? You say it uses an internal FET.
I recommend 9Volt li-Ion battery

Instead of using traditionnal FET that are quite big it uses flat integrated FET like all other altimeters
This result in a smaller and lighter altimeter

unfortunatly I have not had a chance to launch hopefully I will next week end
I will keep you all posted on progress
so far I have 7 rockets ready to be launched each of them carying a couple of altimeters
they use pretty much the same code as the other altimeters however slightly different components so I just want to make sure that they are reliable.

It did not seam to be like that when I looked from the ground.
I am doing more flight this week end and I will try to do some other videos

I have done another flight today with a short and nose heavy rocket and it did deploy at apogee
So far they work well

Boris,

The width of the AltiUno is 16mm. The width of the AltiDuo is 18mm.

Is there any way to rearrange the components on the AltiDuo to make the width 16mm?

It looks like if the 4 pole terminal block was turned 90 degrees, the width could be minimized to 16mm. This would, of course, make the board longer.

I am just curious if you have considered making the AltiDUO with 16mm width.

Zeke

yes I could make it smaller are you planing on doing dual recovery on an 18mm rocket?

I would too be interested in a 18mm dual deploy capable altimeter
I would also be interested. However, this is a 6 yr old thread and nothing came of it. I have 18 mm F motors that I'm experimenting with. The 2nd picture is some sub-minimum diameter rockets using 30 N-s E30 motors. Still working on getting delays consistent.
18mm motor 06.jpg
18mm rockets 2.jpg

>>>---->

This thread is rocketry related, and its also related to the AltiUno and AltiDuo SMT flight computers. The UNO is single deploy, apogee only. The DUO is Dual Deploy but it's not any smaller than competing units that are currently available.

I think it would be awesome if Boris could pull this off. I believe a lot of RF Members would purchase his AltiDUO SMT product if he could shrink it down to 16mm.

I have never understood the "expiration date" on threads as long as they are still relevant.

Zeke

Guys I have been doing budget altimeters for the last 8 years and they are now widely used in Europe. As I do HPR rockets, size does not really matter for me but I can try to make it smaller. Give me few months, I will see if I can do something for spring, obviously it will have to be tested and it is not really easy to do at the moment.
For those interrested the development of my altimeters has not stopped, I am also having a go at Thrust vectoring
https://github.com/bdureau

That would fit the sub-minimum diameter rockets shown in a previous post.

Boris,

That looks perfect. My electronics bay is an 18mm coupler. The ID is 16.33mm and it is 127mm long. At 15mm that would fit perfectly, with room for wire, etc...

I declare that to be awesome.

Zeke

There is no minimum order as I am interrested by the challenge and I will also use it in my rockets as I am my first customer. I will also add a switch and change the battery connector so that I can use a mini 1S lipo . I have designed it with a smaller buzzer so I need to test it to see if it is good. I will also modify it so that it uses smaller jumpers. The idea would then be to design a 3D printed can with a couple of caps that can be screwed and that can fit 18mm tube if someone want to have a go feel free. I will oder some sample componants today to test them and then when happy I will finalize the PCB and order them. Testing will really depend on the covid restrictions in France.

Boris,

With or Without Holes?

I plan to use your unit in all sizes of payload bays.

With holes, it could easily be mounted to a sled in larger diameter air frames.

Without holes, I suppose it could be ZIp Tied to a sled.

What do others think about the mounting holes?

Zeke

Back