AltiUno and AltiDuo SMT and assembled versions

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello
For this one I will do it without holes, plan is to slide it into the payload. I will keep on producing the other AltiDuo

Nice units. I have a couple of mini units from a different purveyor made quite some years ago that actually were smaller. I have to go downstairs to look.

Were a PITA to use because there was no piezo on the board! One only had a flashing LED to look at. Was a double PITA to setup as the user had to custom build a computer interface to change the parameters as I believe it came stock with a main altitude of 600 feet preset.

These look more user friendly. It's easy to get around the lack of screw holes. Simply make an internal bay with a tube that will contain the unit. I'd just direct wire the ematches to the altimeter, put some clay or grout the holes where the ematches come out and fly. Of course make sure there is a static hole in the internal tube and perhaps a little larger one on the external tube. (Unless of course one is doing minimum diameter.)

Kurt

Current rough sims put it between 6-9k ft. Depends on if I go minimum or subminimum and how long I end up making it. Also will depend on exact propellant geometry I go with. I am going for speed with it otherwise I would break pretty much every wavier near me. I may design a long burn motor for it just for kicks and see how far above 10k it can go.

Current rough sims put it between 6-9k ft. Depends on if I go minimum or subminimum and how long I end up making it.
I've been working on 18 mm motors and the largest has 10" of propellant. D grain with 3.5 sec burn, an F23-10.
Sub-minimum diameter rockets using 7" versions and some just the motor.These are what I was looking at these tiny altimeters for. I would also need to put in a tracker and they are no longer cheap. Currently, a F23 powered rocket costs me about $15. The largest Bates grain motor I've made was 6 grains, about 60 N-s and I did have to go to a larger core on the bottom 2 grains.
18mm rockets 3.jpg 18mm motor 07.jpg

Last edited:
nice . Please do not forget to do a hole on the side because it is a barometric altimeter.
Make sure that you post video and pictures of the flight

Last edited:
I would be interested in two of these cute little altimeter. Where can they be purchased.

Back