altitude

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaTuRn x

Reaction score
hi ive got the code red estes starter set and ive got B6-4 engine/motors but when i tried it this morning it only reached a height of about 50 feet can any1 help me out

Thankz

If your looking for height, a Estes/Quest C6-5 is what your looking for. There is something wrong there , a A8-3 puts my Code Red upto 100ft , and a B6-4 about 300ft. If you try a C6 expect 600ft+!
Make sure your using about 4-5 sheets of wadding and a 12" parachute. You should get a 12" 'chute in the starter set , I'ts White with Orange stripes.
Karl

Ohh and make sure there isnt any foreign objects in/on the rocket like a large ammount of dirt ect.
I've just had a idea that the Crocodile clips might have snagged the rocket?

thanx i painted the fins do you think that that will make a difference to the hight

I dont think so , what paint did you use , and do you have a camera to post pics here?

at my camp i noticed about 3 or 4 engines out of the bulk package of a's just kinda flunked out and the rockets barely got any alititude

Yep sounds to me like a bad motor...

Try a another B6-4.

Don't give up.

sandman

Looks fine to me! More than likeley a duff motor , try it again , if it's still the same I'd be more than happy to help.

Well I take it your possibley the same age as me. To start rocketry off I got a Estes Tidal Wave , Missle Set & a Code Red. Now the question is do you want to visit launches ect? I did so I gatherd everything I needed to attend such a event. These are :
Reasonable size Toolbox (Plastic/lighter)
Safe place to keep motors
And then a kit or two to get you started ( I chose a Estes Polaris & Big Bertha )
To get kits from please goto https://www.modelrockets.co.uk/

Karl

could the Estes BLU-97B be used with b6-5 motors and the launch pad that comes with the code red starter set

Yep it can but that may be a little tough . I lost mine at UKRA 2004:( It was a fun rocket to build! And sure does look nice when finished.
Karl

Yep perfect! I'd get a pack of A8-3's , B6-4's and C6-5's if you havn't got them already.

If you are going to get into the sport, try a classic:

The Estes Big Bertha - It's relatively easy to build and will perform nicely on B & C motors. If you want to stick with A motors, try the Baby Bertha.

A

does anybody have a skywriter
and if they do can they please tell me how many pieces there are in the kit

"The Skywriter comes with colored body tubes, fins, and nose cone, so assembly is quick and easy." - Taken from AC Supply.

I would like to suggest the fliskits rhino It is a very easy rocket to build and it is probably the best rocket I've seen fly in the wind my son is real excited when he recovers his and it is still smoking from the body tube the price is good. You get a good sized rocket to fly

Originally posted by rocketdad0934
I would like to suggest the fliskits rhino It is a very easy rocket to build and it is probably the best rocket I've seen fly in the wind my son is real excited when he recovers his and it is still smoking from the body tube the price is good. You get a good sized rocket to fly

SaTuRn X : Like rocketdad0934 sugested , the Fliskits Rhino is a perfect choice. And you will find that there are a good few members that make there own kits on here eg : Jim Flis , the maker of Fliskits ;) So they could tell you what kit is ideal for your skill level.

Back