Altimeters: Comparison guide

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

cerving

Owner, Eggtimer Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
FYI, I updated altimeter comparison guide (added several new altimeters, removed altimeters that are no longer available, updated prices, etc).

Am I missing new altimeters? Let me know!

-Alex
Alex: The current models of the Eggtimer Quark and Eggtimer TRS are now good to 60,000'. The 30,000' spec was the older Bosch-based models, which haven't been shipped for over two years. Thanks!

Andrew_ASC

UTC SEDS 2017 3rd/ SEDS 2018 1st
Reaction score
Am I missing new altimeters? Let me know!

-Alex
Telemini V3. It has a RDF radio beacon capability, dual deploy Apogee/main, live telemetry, and programmable channels.

The big change from V1 to V3 is the radio beacon is 40mW instead of 10mW.

Senior Space Cadet

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
2014 was a great year for electronics in rocketry - we've seen many new devices which are getting smarter, smaller and cheaper. With all the changes, it gets harder to keep track of all available options (don't get me wrong - it's a good problem to have!).

My attempt to simplify it resulted in an extensive list of all currently available model rocket altimeters and their parameters, such as dimensions, weight, sensors being used, interfaces, pyro options, battery and voltage requirements, etc. All data was compiled from vendor datasheets and manuals. If it's something TRF community finds useful, I'd keep maintaining it.

Link: Model rocket altimeters: Comparison guide.

Now here's how you could help: I'm missing some data for few altimeters (look for question marks), mostly related to dimensions and recording functions. If you have one, measure it / post a file with a recorded flight, and I'll update the guide accordingly.

All comments (except negative ones) are welcome!

--Alex
http://RocketsEtc.com/
Useful. I can't fit my Jolly Logic in an 18mm rocket. Nice to know which ones will fit.

Latest posts