Alternate movie descriptions game..jump in.

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyDSlagle

Reaction score
A few years ago my Dad started having "door prizes" on Christmas Day, just a little game of sorts to change things up. This year is my household's turn and doing something. We've decided on a game where we give alternate descriptions or reworded plotlines of Christmas movies and everyone has to guess the movie. We are working on the details.

I can come up with some but would like some assistance. I was hoping some of my fellow rocketeers would be willing and able to help.

Here's an example I stole from a site, which gave me the idea:
Deformed son is humiliated and exiled, befriends a dentist, and is exploited by a fat old man.
The answer is Rudolph the red-nosed Reindeer.

Christmas with the Kranks:
Adulterous daughter returns home and wrecks parents' plans of going on a cruise.

Home Alone is easy, Gremlins is easy, maybe Die Hard and Trading Places LOL
Looking for ideas for a few more. Need 10 total.
Deck the Halls
A Christmas Story
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Elf
A Christmas Carol
Christmas Vacation

Let's see what the collection mind can come up with. Should be fun too.

Elderly family member gets drunk, remembers something forgotten, and while heading home, gets into a and fatal hit and run. Suspicions are that a fat man sleighed them.

Last edited:
Forgotten and abandoned, an underdisciplined minor turns to a life as a vigilante
Starring:
Richy Rich, A City Slicker and My Cousin Vinny

Bastard son is evicted from his home then moves in with his estranged father only to wreck his life
Starring:
Don Corleon oldest son and Ricky Bobby

These are gratuitously stolen from the Internet...

Multiple amputee burn victim war veteran reunites with his children.

-Star Wars

With the help of a Muslim friend, a disgruntled veteran protests taxes.

-Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

Transported to a surreal landscape, a young girl kills the first person she meets then teams up with three strangers to kill again.

-The Wizard of Oz

Middle class nobody terrorizes neighbors and endangers his own family all the while performing acts of animal cruelty, kidnapping, and extortion.

Christmas Vacation

A new guy in town loves the local cuisine and decides to stay a while. The local sheriff and a couple of other guys hunt him down and kill him, but not before he kills one of them.

- Jaws

Back