Alpha III & Baby Bertha.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

D Ritchie

Reaction score
Well, I bought an Estes Renegade the other day, eager to jump into my first two stage rocket since I was a teenager. But when I brought it home, my six year old son had to wonder out loud why Daddy was adding another rocket to his fleet, but he only had one. How do you spell G-U-I-L-T?

Soooo, I went back to HobbyTown and traded it in on an Alpha III, which was my first rocket as a young 'un. Easy to build, easy enough that he could help me put some of the pieces together (so he could say he built it himself!).

Ironically, building this simple kit really brought back memories, the same time spent with my dad, and we're looking forward to next week's club launch when we can watch 'er go!

I also built another Baby Bertha this weekend, to replace my daughter's BB that was lost in the wind last month. She's insisting on doing the painting herself, though, so this should be interesting if nothing else!

Sounds like a great weekend. I'm looking forward to having rocket launching kids myself someday.

SS

Latest posts

Back