Aloha from Hawaii

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all! New (old guy) joining in from the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Been involved with rocketry since the early '70s, mostly as an Estes kit builder, and ventured above a D engine. Surprisingly, all of my early Estes catalogs and memorabilia from the Estes Aerospace Club membership (newsletters, awards) survived all the hurricanes and decades of storage at my folks' house. Hoping to upload photos of them someday, if anyone is interested. The hobby continued through high school and during my 4-year stint in the USAF. Of all those birds built during the early years, only the Goblin remains, albeit beat up from time itself. I returned to the hobby when my two sons were toddlers, hoping to spark the imagination of flight at an early age. That was 23 years ago. Still have the fleet from that time period, as their interest was diverted to Hot Wheels and RC cars. I'm a welder by trade, now a maintenance technician at a rum-production facility on Kauai. Also a VW air-cooled fanatic with a Meyers Manx street buggy to cruise the island with. And a grandpa...of a little girl...almost two years old...who loves motorcycles. Built a machine shop in my man cave, still does welding, and putting the pieces aside to build a 4.7 : 1 Goblin. Stay tuned!

:welcome:
Too bad you're not on Oahu.
We have a group that routinely flies at a local park.
Occasionally we fly bigger rockets at a large agricultural field with the company's permission.
Hope you can join us next time you're on Oahu.

Welcome back to the party @John Medeiros ! You will earn vast quantities of BAR cred by posting pictures of your 70’s memorabilia. There a reason why your Goblin survived; Goblin’s are the coolest! 🙂

[edit] BAR: Born Again Rocketeer

Welcome. I lived in Lihue from 2015 to 2020. Sorry we never got to meet to talk rockets.

Back