almost time for AVC

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by rocketsonly
Are you by any chance a fan of volleyball?

Yes, I'm a pretty big fan of the 6 man court version. I remember a few Olympics ago when we had Karch Kiray (sp?). Then the team with the red headed flat top guy. Or were they on the same team? It doesn't seem like we've had much success since then.

My biggest in person thrill was when they had the amatuer national event here in KC. I spent several days down there. They had 10 or 12 indoor courts going at once. I saw a guy running out of bounds (the back line), away from the net, and he set it for a perfect hit. Awesome.

Oh, I've watched your vid 3 times now.

bmhiii

back in the day i used to spike a ball from second row back
but those where the good ole days

Originally posted by bmhiii
Yes, I'm a pretty big fan of the 6 man court version. I remember a few Olympics ago when we had Karch Kiray (sp?). Then the team with the red headed flat top guy. Or were they on the same team? It doesn't seem like we've had much success since then.

My biggest in person thrill was when they had the amatuer national event here in KC. I spent several days down there. They had 10 or 12 indoor courts going at once. I saw a guy running out of bounds (the back line), away from the net, and he set it for a perfect hit. Awesome.

Oh, I've watched your vid 3 times now.

bmhiii

Haha, that set must have been really cool! So what position did you play?

Originally posted by Bowhunter
back in the day i used to spike a ball from second row back
but those where the good ole days

That's pretty good. My setter only sets to back row hitters when the guys in the front are getting blocked too much; but that rarely happens :D

I never played as competitive as the Addison guys, but I was a front line hitter/blocker. Kills are good, but stuffing the opponent's big hitter was the best!

How about you?

bmhiii

Originally posted by bmhiii
I never played as competitive as the Addison guys, but I was a front line hitter/blocker. Kills are good, but stuffing the opponent's big hitter was the best!

How about you?

bmhiii

I started as a middle in middle school, but it was so hard because middle school setters are never good (middles usually rely on the setter). The club season before 9th grade I started to play outside hitter, and I've been there ever since.

Yes, but although stuffing is really great, hitting hard enough so that the opponent either a) ducks, or b) gets hit, is definitely better.

Back