Almost made it for my L2 renewal

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lt72884

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, missed only one on the new test, launched my lociv with a j270 and the motor ejection went 5 seconds early haha..

BUT EVEN THOUGH THE ROCKET FAILED due to early ejection, i only lost my chute. The rocket is in perfect condition and once i add a chute, i can fly it. The rso was super impressed with the construction of it. It ejected at burn out. As soon as i get better service, ill post pics. Next month ill fly again and pass this mext time haha.

Here are a few photos. however, the coolest one, is when my rocket landed next to my buddy who was certifying and he made it. It literally landed a foot away. We did not move the rockets for this photo. I woke up around 2am and thought to myself "Im gonna put some red foam tape on my shock cord so i dont zipper it" so glad i did. Only thing i lost was the parachute and some pride haha.
In my video i recorded, i watched in slow motion and it was 4.5 seconds from launch when the ejection happened. I drilled the delay to 12 seconds. So i have no idea what happened. Not 4.5 after burn out, but 4.5 after launch. just happy my rocket is not shredded. Still didnt get the renewal but thats fine. ill try again.
Best picture is my dog and family there. Wookie is his name:) and my dad that looks like santa haha. My wife is thinking of becoming a level 1
1681596711211.png
1681596830368.png
1681596970188.png
1681597136496.png
1681597154156.png

Latest posts

Back