Alien Worlds, Fantasy Planets, Real Rockets

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by kevindcornwell, Feb 23, 2020.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Feb 23, 2020 #1

kevindcornwell

kevindcornwell

kevindcornwell

Magma Mountain Rocketry

I am really torn between my love of building scratch rockets, designing rockets, designing aliens worlds, and flying rockets. Since I can't make up my mind — I won't. So here is a thread for all those who along with me look far beyond Mars when we take flights of fancy. Here are two of my recent creations. The rockets are real, the planet is just beyond the cosmic dust cloud.

If you enjoy making such images, perhaps we can share techniques, etc. All the rockets are correctly sim'ed and ready to fly. I make the images in part to showcase my rocket designs, in part because this is where my rockets take me.

WorldW8s.jpg World2s.jpg

2. Feb 23, 2020 #2

neil_w

neil_w

neil_w

Hunkered down TRF Supporter

Very nice!

3. Feb 24, 2020 #3

PXR5

PXR5

PXR5

Starship Hijacker TRF Supporter

Cool stuff :)

I had a co-worker that had a model train layout with nothing but sci-fi stuff on it.

An Earth city under seage by aliens, laser beams everywhere. The train was run by the invading aliens taking Earthlings to an experimental surgery centre :)

ThirstyBarbarian likes this.
  4. Feb 24, 2020 #4

ThirstyBarbarian

ThirstyBarbarian

ThirstyBarbarian

Very fun! I like science fiction style rockets too. I think all of us who build these kinds of designs fantasize about climbing in one and flying off to other worlds.

If I understand correctly, you are saying that you have built flyable models of the rockets in these renderings. I like the images you’ve posted, and I’d love to see photos of the real-world versions too. I’m hoping they are true to scale with the astronauts!

5. Feb 24, 2020 #5

Huxter

Huxter

Huxter

Way cool - keep 'em comin'! Looking at these, I pictured the rocket in the book 2010 when the Chinese landed on Europa! Totally cool! :cool: