Airsoft Anyone?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRAGON64

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
My original vision of airsoft was what I saw on the shelves at wallyworld...cheap clear plastic pop rifles and handguns. But the other day, my son was showing me some airsoft wars on youtube, and my eyes have been opened real wide...

Are their fliers on here who battle it out playing airsoft? I must admit, I have taken to researching all about the sport, much like when I discovered that rocketry continued on past Estes, and I researched it on ROL (circa 1997).

Funny thing is, my wife will not allow real guns in the house, but she is alright with my son and I getting into this sport, and playing war, with weapons that are authentic reproductions...and shoot BB's that are 6mm-8mm in dia at speeds reaching 500fps (range of only 150ft or so)

Anyways, there are some die-hard airsoft teams out there, and it looks like fun...not near as messy as paintball.

While i never actually played it, the shop i worked at had a nice group (15-40) that would come out a few times a month and play in the woods. Granted, as someone who played paintball, the airsoft people looked odd to us, but im sure we looked odd to them, lol.

Anyway, the high end guns ($200+) felt like the real thing and shot great. I thought it was neat.

My backyard is FULL of pellets. We made walls for a "Hogan's Alley" out of brown craft paper and pvc. Very realistic, inexpensive practice.

The replicas are kewl. Laser sighted Sig is my fav.

My backyard is FULL of pellets.

My brother loves air soft. And I'm left to pick up the stinking little pellets! I swear there are more pellets in my garden then dirt!

I just got back from paintballing at Skirmish, in PA. It was my second time going, my first time being about two years ago. Great fun...I'm now curious as to how airsoft compares.:D

I just got back from paintballing at Skirmish, in PA. It was my second time going, my first time being about two years ago. Great fun...I'm now curious as to how airsoft compares.:D

1:1 Scale replicas...No Piant!!...12,000 BB's cost less...Snipers...Full auto...semi auto...gas blow back full or semi auto pistols...lots of camo options for those who wish to do MilSim.

Back