AirFest XXVI

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

BBrown

Kloudbuster Prefect
Reaction score
AirFest XXVI will be held at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia over the long Labor Day weekend, September 4-7, 2020.

Like past years, AirFest will feature plenty of wide open recovery space, a 50,000'AGL waiver and plenty of friends and vendors. It's not too early to start making plans to attend.

Who's coming and what are you planning on flying this year?

Jmhepworth

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Bob, I plan to come. With UROC hosting LDRS this year I don’t expect to get an opportunity to launch anything on the salt flats, so I’ll bring everything to AirFest. Perhaps you’ll let me try to rip the fins off a Mach 3.

Joe

TBob

Reaction score
Long weekends at the fabled Rocket Pasture are always a highlight of my year. See y'all there!

llickteig1

KLOUDBusters Chief Logistician
Reaction score
And before anyone asks ... Registration will open after our spring flying season ends. Probably in May.

Cl(VII)

Chris Bender, Lab Rat
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
I'll be there under the garish orange canopy on Vendor row again.

I plan to fly my L3 project, MD extended Falcon 75 (tentative name: Run the Joules). Also pondering a 29mm upscale version of my Art Applewhite X-fire that I fly several times at Argonia each Airfest because the assembled kids appear to like it...I'll be volunteering to take that one out to the dirt.

H_Rocket

Death by Powerpoint
Reaction score
Made our hotel reservations at LDRS. If I can get that yellow-bellied bottom feeder Steve Shannon to bring his, there will be the Duel of the Cowbells.

Greg Furtman

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
AirFest XXVI will be held at the Rocket Pasture in Argonia over the long Labor Day weekend, September 4-7, 2020.

Like past years, AirFest will feature plenty of wide open recovery space, a 50,000'AGL waiver and plenty of friends and vendors. It's not too early to start making plans to attend.

Who's coming and what are you planning on flying this year?
Is there a website for previous AirFests?

Onebadhawk

Sponsor
TRF Sponsor
Reaction score
Made our hotel reservations at LDRS. If I can get that yellow-bellied bottom feeder Steve Shannon to bring his, there will be the Duel of the Cowbells.
Hey you turncoat..
You wus a proud yankee..
Now yur runnin off all over..
Yur a trador thru n thru..
I'll be seein you and the Mrs. there in Kansas fer sur..

Teddy

DAllen

Reaction score
What do I plan on flying? Hah...whatever fits in the car on September 3.

fyrechaser

Builder of flying things
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Bob! Can't wait to get back to the rocket pasture, you guys are awesome, thank you for your hard work so that folks can enjoy the hobby. LDRS 38 was amazing! My plan is to bring my big heavy rocket I lovingly call "Lead Sled". 11ft tall and 8 1/2 " diameter.

tjsnakez

Reaction score
The goal is to have a 1/6 scale Nike Hercules built and ready to fly by Airfest! 8" diameter booster and a 6" diameter sustainer. (4) J350's staging to a J415. We will see.. I have to finish building my house first before any rocket stuff can happen!

dshmel

Reaction score
Would NOT miss it. Hope to fly my first 2 stage.

troj

Wielder Of the Skillet Of Harsh Discipline, Potent
Reaction score
I've had my time off for AirFest approved since the day after LDRS. Starting to collect parts for a little project I call "Bad Ideas". I blame Gary at AeroTech for this - I spent too much time hanging out with Amy and Chuck at the away cell at LDRS, watching N1000s fly....

Pat Gordzelik

Reaction score
Kevin.....sounds exciting and a bit scary at the same time. ;)

Jim, if Kevin says something is exciting, it's definitely scary....

Retta and I will be there. She is retiring next August, and Airfest 2020 is going to be her retirement party.
If you need another N for your Lead Sled, I might be able to find one laying around here somewhere.

I was thinking of reincarnating my Necessary Evil and flying it on an N as well. And I'm sure that ner do well Grippo will want to fly an N as well. Better fire up the Hobarts...

Pat G

Mustang67

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I will be there with a few others from our neck of the woods. Planning on flying this 8 inch upscale version of the Estes ESAM-58 on a 152 mm motor.

8 Inch ESAM-58.png

troj

Reaction score
Jim, if Kevin says something is exciting, it's definitely scary....
Hey, now!

Retta and I will be there. She is retiring next August, and Airfest 2020 is going to be her retirement party.
Excellent! Been far too long since I've seen the two of you!

If you need another N for your Lead Sled, I might be able to find one laying around here somewhere.
Already on order, but I appreciate the offer!

-Kevin

jd2cylman

Still not Carl... ;-)
Reaction score
Already made reservations for my third trip in three years out to the rocket pasture. Big change for me next year tho... Moving hotels to Anthony instead of Harper... :D
As for rockets, way too early to tell.

Mustang67

Lifetime Supporter
TRF Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
How long of a drive from the Cobble Stone in Anthony to the field? 30 min??

troj

Reaction score
How long of a drive from the Cobble Stone in Anthony to the field? 30 min??
Harper is about 30, Anthony is about 20. Both are very convenient to the field.

DAllen

Reaction score
And for reference the Travelodge in Wellington was less than stellar. A classic, "you get what you pay for" situation.

Latest posts