EVENT AIRFest 26 (2020)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That I understand for sure. But 14.5?? Wow.......I sent my Phoenix to a new projected record 1,600’(no electronics yet , still new!) on Saturday, and thought that was forever high.

I suppose everyone starts somewhere!

Yeah, don't know what the Airfest average is but I'd guess north of 15kft. It is the reason you attend Airfest and Balls to have access to the higher waivers and open spaces to recover.

My son and I were on sensory overload, and were just glad to get our single shots off. Oh, and the trailers full of motors..........😱😱. Rocket crack.

If anyone got a picture of my orange & white 5.5" Jayhawk early Saturday, please post it. I fumbled and only have the coolest smoke trail picture.

If anyone got a picture of my orange & white 5.5" Jayhawk early Saturday, please post it. I fumbled and only have the coolest smoke trail picture.

I'm pretty sure it's in Justin's video posted earlier. Maybe you could ask him nicely for a still?

Well it's been a couple of weeks since Airfest and I must say it's been so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Hope everybody made it home safe and sound and all is well. We had a great time the Kloudbusters put on a great launch. It got a little windy but that didn't stop some really fine flights. They ran a good program and was well organized. I got to work in registration Saturday and it smooth. Preregistering is the way to go. Folks wore their mask and social distancing was well maintained so I think it all worked out. We had to leave early Monday morning so we don't know it the flight line opened or not the forecast was showing some pretty hefty winds for Monday.

Well done guys THANK YOU for a great time out and a chance to relax and enjoy life a little bit 👍

Well it's been a couple of weeks since Airfest and I must say it's been so quiet you can hear a pin drop. Hope everybody made it home safe and sound and all is well. We had a great time the Kloudbusters put on a great launch. It got a little windy but that didn't stop some really fine flights. They ran a good program and was well organized. I got to work in registration Saturday and it smooth. Preregistering is the way to go. Folks wore their mask and social distancing was well maintained so I think it all worked out. We had to leave early Monday morning so we don't know it the flight line opened or not the forecast was showing some pretty hefty winds for Monday.

Well done guys THANK YOU for a great time out and a chance to relax and enjoy life a little bit 👍
Well said indeed. :)

wow, sure is flat out there!

"You can watch your dog run away for 3 days.."

Yeah, I got zinged by a gas station attendant in Iowa once. At that time, I lived in Tennessee. When I went in, he saw my license and asked what I thought of Iowa. I told him it was very flat, and you could see farms a lot further away than I was used to.

He said " You ought to see it when we knock the corn down."

I just signed the bill and left.

Back