TRF Lifetime Supporter
- Mar 23, 2011
- Reaction score
And here, I was willing to forget that. But not anymore....No I did not. After all your comments last year regarding a certain key incident........
Lol everyone must be calling Harper Cobblestone. I just got off the phone and explained that I was coming down for the Kloudbusters launch and the lady that answered said that as we get closer to Airfest they will make phone calls to everyone with reservations in Anthony Cobblestone to get them switched over to Harper - only if Anthony is still closed. She said she is very confident that Anthony though will be open by then. Sounds like they are on top of it.
As I said on Friday evening, I will call and talk to the Cobblestone Inn management on Monday. It does very little good to get information from the on-duty weekend desk clerk. Seriously.The Cobblestone room availability is being worked. The COVID had been very hard on these small businesses. My first exposure to any concern was last night..I will be in conversation with management on Monday for more clarification and I'll update as soon as I get the info.
Good to know, thank you sir.On a further note, if you aren't confident with the Cobblestone situation, the Wyndham Baymont/Travelodge in Wellington told me about two weeks ago that they are running "business as usual". The food and beverage, gas, Walmart, groceries, etc. options in Wellington are far and away better than Anthony or Harper.
Thanks Lance!Hello everyone ...
I spoke with the general manager at the Harper Cobblestone Inn today regarding the two Cobblestone Inn properties in Harper and Anthony. Currently, the Harper hotel is open and the Anthony hotel is not; the reason being a balance of demand and staffing. The status of both hotels will be discussed between this manager and the owner regarding having both hotels in operation starting on September 1. This manager does not have final decision-making authority. I asked that they arrive at a decision by August 1 and let me know directly.
She knows there are reservations being held by a few folks at both hotels and told me after the final decision is made that she will contact everyone with a reservation, resolve duplicate reservations, and if both hotels are open get folks in the location they prefer or move them to Harper if that is the only hotel open.
According to her, there are still rooms available at Harper. I would recommend if you only have a room at Anthony Cobblestone to call and reserve a room at Harper as well; it will get sorted out later.
I had a report that someone was told by hotel personnel that they did not think the rocket launch would happen. I told this manager that the only person who would make that decision was me (in reality others would be involved, but I'm the mouthpiece) and that unless she heard it from me it was a rumor. I also told her to inform her staff that the rocket launch would occur as planned.
Folks, we continue to proceed with a plan that AIRFest 26 will occur as planned. There are challenges and procedural modifications, but we are going to deal with them as they arise.
Since August 1 is on Saturday, I will give a call to the manager on Monday morning to get status. I’ll also remind everyone that there are other hotel options.
Thanks for your patience and understanding.
Holy volunteer gaps, Batman!We need more Range Duty volunteers. Every flyer should "pay it forward" with a minimum of two shifts of range duty.