Air Hogs Havoc Heli

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigone5500

Reaction score
I bought one of the havoc helis from walmart. I saw a similar one fly at a sidewalk sale once before and when I saw this one I had to try it. The controller takes 6 AA size batteries and connects to the helicopter with a short charging cord which charges the built in LiPo battery. Charging takes about 20 to 30 minutes and flights last about 5 minutes with full power. Longer flights are possible but altitude is affected. The heli is very durable as I have crashed it into the walls and other objects SEVERAL times. The box comes with instructions which are easy to understand and also has 2 extra tail rotor replacement props. This heli is capable of up and down, rotate left and right and forward directions. The controller has trim buttons for left and right rotation and also has lights to indicate controller power and charging status. The helis have 3 different channels which enables 3 of them to be flown simultaneously. Channels can be changed on the controller via a slide switch. The heli has a flashing LED which is visible when the heli is switched on. The helis come in red, yellow, and blue.

I reccommend this little heli for anyone who likes RC or just wants a bit of entertainment with the cat :D.

Price paid: $29.95 + tax at walmart.

Rating from 1 to 10: 9

Reason for rating: flight times could be a bit longer but what can you expect from a small LiPo battery?

Pros: Great heli, very durable, easy to learn to fly.
Cons: main rotor not replaceable, flight times could be longer.

I tried flying one last Christmas(not sure if it was the same, but a micro heli) at a mall in Savannah..Guy at booth was saying ANYONE could fly it..Well, I tried(I REALLY did try to fly it-HONEST) and proved him WRONG! I took off and within 5 seconds it went ZOOM and pranged into the side of the nearby escalator! I was embarrassed , he was pi88ed..Now looking back it's funny..Guess I don't have it for flying RC helis...lol

I picked one of these up at WM tonight on a whim. I've already flown it a few times, and man this thing is addictive! I decided to do a search here to see if there were any posts on it, and I can't believe I missed all the rave about it:rolleyes: I agree with all those who have one, it really is a good investment for some serious indoor fun, especially when flying over an air vent while the air is on:D

I've toyed with getting on of these to play with in the back yard. Has anyone tried it outdoors and tested to see how high they could fly it before it went out of range of the control?
Craig

I took mine out yesterday evening, and was only able to get about 25 feet with it, but, that was mainly due to the sunlight. The Havoc is IR controlled, so, it's very light sensitive. Plus, it's so light, the slightest breeze, or thermal current will greatly affect it's stability. My wife was enjoying us flying it in the living room, till I got a bit too close to her. It didn't take long for it to wind her hair up in the tail rotor :eek:

I've toyed with getting on of these to play with in the back yard. Has anyone tried it outdoors and tested to see how high they could fly it before it went out of range of the control?
Craig

Even if there is wind you cannot see or feel, these little helicopters are affected. I've gone outside at dusk and managed to hover it in one direction. The only problem is trying to get it to return. It slowly drifts under a tiny breeze that am unable to feel. So, to answer your question, it is most definitely NOT an outdoor flyer. You might be able to get it airborne and under control in an auditorium, gym, or some sort of cathedral ceiling, but even then you'll be limited to by the range.

Search YouTube for Havoc Heli. They're lots of fun!

Don't know who likes mine more...Myself...Or the Cat.:rotflol:.Alot of mods out there for these BTW. Money well spent if you don't have one yet!;)

Mike

Just a quick note on these things... My son had one several months ago, bought at the local Target. My guess is that there are two versions of these little heli's out there... His did not have trim control as I remember. It was a bit difficult to control. We tried a simple thumbtack pushed into the nose for a little added noseweight, and it was MUCH easier to fly.
I'm thinking I may pick up another one and see how they've improved it. ;)

Ron

Think the Havoc is fun???

Try this heli. This is the Havoc's bigger brother, the Reflex.

IMO, this helicopter is more fun. Plus, you get about 10+ minutes of enjoyable flight time and another thing is that you charge this up using a wall charger. Mine takes about 65 minutes to fully charge.

Yep, those are my rockets in the background.:D

View attachment reflex.JPG

Back