Aiptek Pencamera

Discussion in 'Low Power Rocketry (LPR)' started by Crashin J, Oct 28, 2002.

Help Support The Rocketry Forum by donating:

1. Oct 28, 2002 #1

Crashin J

Crashin J

Crashin J

:rolleyes: Has anyone put one of these in a rocket? I picked one up at Wallyworld, and its small enough. Need your thoughts on how to make it snap pictures in a rocket flight. Of course it would probably only be one per flight, but how do you do it?:confused:

2. Oct 28, 2002 #2

aadamson

aadamson

aadamson

Made just for the intended use. Have fun and make sure you post results. I went ahead and got an Intel Digital Movie Creator off ebay. And am working slowly on the rocket for it.

Alan

http://www.ayucr.com/cgi-bin/timermenu.pl

3. Oct 28, 2002 #3

eugenefl

eugenefl

eugenefl

Alan,

If you need any tips on using your Intel DMC, let me know. I have flown mine about 6 times with success. Unfortunately, I only have one video posted since I don't have any webspace. Click on the link in my signature to check it out.

Also, if you don't feel like tearing your new camera apart, I can also give some pointers on using it in "stock" form.

4. Oct 28, 2002 #4

aadamson

aadamson

aadamson

You want some remote webspace? I run my own webserver :)...

Drop them in an email and I'll post the, you can link to them from your site. Just let me know. I'm going to try to take mine all apart and get it as small as possible and power it with NMiH batts if possible.

We'll see, did you see the Amraam 4" that was posted on ABMR? it was an awesome video!

Alan

5. Oct 28, 2002 #5

eugenefl

eugenefl

eugenefl

I may take you up on the offering of webspace. Of course, Doug has been kind enough to offer some space. I guess I have to go into editing mode and chop up my vids with text and removal of excess footage.

As for the A4, I didn't see the video. What is ABMR? I wish there was a place that archived all of the onboard footage ever made with a model rocketry. That would be some archive!

I take it you have seen the Clay Bros. website? www.videorocketry.com

...and of course, my favorite onboard videos, www.gbrocketry.com

6. Oct 28, 2002 #6

aadamson

aadamson

aadamson

Yup, seen both of those.

ABMR is a newsgroup called alt.binaries.model.rocketry. It's just fir pictures, and videos. Unfortunately, it isn't archived I don't think. I had the A4 video for some time, I'll look when I ge home and see if I can still find it and if so, will post, it's excellent footage and done with a DMC.

Alan