AIM-54 Phoenix decals available now!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stickershock23

Reaction score
I'm trying to keep up with a new set every day for a while so here they are!

stickershock23.com is proud to present our newest addition.

AIM-54 Phoenix decal sets!

these are 3 color and very detailed, they include markings, serial numbers and all stripes. in 4.0" and above. (Smaller sets do not include small lettering such as NO LIFT they are just to small sorry)

come by and check them out, these are a perfect finish to any scale project!

PHOENIXPREVIEW.jpg

thanks again for looking!
Remember never fly naked!

Just to be certain these are color cut vinyl and not color printing on clear vinyl - correct?

Very nice...

Stencil lettering and multiple colors.....You sir, are a glutton for punishment.:)

Stencil lettering is the worst thing to weed especially in the small sizes. Our Jackhammer kit comes with military stencil letters and I cuss every time I have to weed them.

Buy decals from Stickershock before he looses all patience (and hair).:)

Best of luck on your new venture.

Mike Fisher
Binder Design

Stencil lettering and multiple colors.....You sir, are a glutton for punishment.:)

Stencil lettering is the worst thing to weed especially in the small sizes. Our Jackhammer kit comes with military stencil letters and I cuss every time I have to weed them.

Buy decals from Stickershock before he looses all patience (and hair).:)

Best of luck on your new venture.

Mike Fisher
Binder Design

Thank you Mike, Yes I know how hard they are to WEED, and I have had a couple people contact me saying my prices are high. Its hard to explain to them the amount of labor it takes to make detailed decals like that.

my tip to you, use GOOD VINYL it will help in the weeding process and make sure your blade is set to a good cut depth. lastly make sure you use the "overlap" option on you cutter. all these will help in the weeding process. (but it still aint easy)

I too use MOSTLY Oracal 641 or 651, but I have actually found some noname stuff that weeds even easier and is still rated 5 years. although the Oracal is top of the line.
OK, I'll bite - what is "weeding" when speaking of vinyl decals?

OK, I'll bite - what is "weeding" when speaking of vinyl decals?

The vinyl just comes in big rolls which is fed into a plotter with a drag knife. After they are cut, you have to peel off all of the unneeded parts of the decal by hand and a picker tool for the small pieces. Small parts like the small pieces of stencil lettering are especially difficult because they try to peel off the backing with the other waste. You sometimes have to go back and carefully place them back on the sheet after you have accidently peeled them off.

Vinyl decals are very labor intensive, but they are the best. Binder Design kits have used vinyl decals since the company was started in the early 90's.
One of the most difficult patterns that we use is the checkerboard fin decals for the California Kid. Good portions of those have to be pieced back together by hand after overzealous weeding. That and the small pieces of the stencil lettering of our Jackhammer kit are a real PITA.

Buy decals from Stickershock. I think his prices are pretty good considering the amount of labor involved in the fine details and color overlays.

Mike Fisher
Binder Design

Mike,

thank you for the good words. If people really knew how much actual work was involved in vinyl decals...... we'd be way overworked! :D But they are definitely better quality for the money.

Just a note, I have lowered the price on a few decals sets including Der Red Max, and Honest John, But this won't last forever, so get them while they are hot (and inexpensive)

I have also been asked to add even smaller c/p c/g decals and to offer them in an assortment of sizes, so I will be making that update later today!

Remember I am giving away 10 of each (C/P C/G) decals with every order until February 14th!

Mark

Back